Skin Cancer Community
pink scab skin cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

pink scab skin cancer?

I noticed a pink scab about half the size of a dime on my sholder. I first noticed it a week ago, the day after i went to a tanning bed. Although I am not positive when it popped up, I know it wasn't long before i first noticed it. Maybe a couple days at the most. Before that, there was no bump or discoloration at all. The scab has remained since then, unchanging as far as i can tell. It is not itchy unless i touch it. It does not hurt. The skin is rough just like a scab but it is pinker then my normal skin color. I am going to make a doctor appointment as soon I get signed up for insurance but would like some feedback beforehand. Someone said it may be eczema since it itches. I have not been out of the sun much at all in the past year. I have gone to the tanning bed maybe 3 times in the past 6 months. I am however fair skinned and blonde with freckles. I do not burn as easy as others do with fair skin however.
You have not mentioned your age, but this pink scab needs to be biopsied and seborrheic keratosis ruled out. Seborrheic keratosis is a benign skin growth and the cause is exactly not known but sunlight and hereditary predisposition have been proposed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.