Skin Cancer Community
pink scab skin cancer?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pink scab skin cancer?

I noticed a pink scab about half the size of a dime on my sholder. I first noticed it a week ago, the day after i went to a tanning bed. Although I am not positive when it popped up, I know it wasn't long before i first noticed it. Maybe a couple days at the most. Before that, there was no bump or discoloration at all. The scab has remained since then, unchanging as far as i can tell. It is not itchy unless i touch it. It does not hurt. The skin is rough just like a scab but it is pinker then my normal skin color. I am going to make a doctor appointment as soon I get signed up for insurance but would like some feedback beforehand. Someone said it may be eczema since it itches. I have not been out of the sun much at all in the past year. I have gone to the tanning bed maybe 3 times in the past 6 months. I am however fair skinned and blonde with freckles. I do not burn as easy as others do with fair skin however.