Skin Cancer Community
question about a mole

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

question about a mole

Ok, I'll start off by saying that i have this little mole in the crease of my outer ear (like where you would put an earing in the cartledge)  It has been there as long as i can remember. A few days ago i noticed that my ear was very dry, from the top of the cartledge down and stopped before the lobe.  Being the freak that i am i started picking the dry skin off with tweezers.  I pulled a piece of skin off where the mole was and the skin that came off of the mole was brown, like the mole. Now the mole feels kinda scaly (the best way i can describe it)  does this sound like something i should worry about? Or just from me picking and such?  The mole has not changed as far as the ABCD's of skin cancer it looks the same but the texture is off.

I have a derm appt next week, but im due to give birth everyday and im not sure i will make it!