Skin Cancer Community
sebatious cyst?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

sebatious cyst?

I have had 2 lumps on my head for years, one of them had puss coming out of it. is this a sebaceous cyst. the lump has actually gone down but is sore from squeezing it
Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin that has a lining that resembles the uppermost part (infundibulum) of a hair follicle and fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected. Then antibiotics are needed. Other than that, incision and drainage may also be needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.