Skin Cancer Community
very dry n itch??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

very dry n itch??

hi iam 28 y/o i dnt knw where to go with this,i just move to uk recently( bout 8 months now) iam frm southeast asia ,since i move to uk my skin just turn so dry the bottom of my feet and my palm are the worse sometime whn its just too much thn crack,i been trying so many different moisturizer both frm chemist n shop never work and my arms and my legs n my back just itching all the time too,worse at night time,it just so uncomfortable yet look awful,its quiet embarassing,any help?
It can be due to dry skin or xerosis. The mainstay of management is liberal use of moisturizers after washing with luke warm water. Soap should be used minimally. Moisturizers should be reapplied liberally during the day.You can also use a topical cortisone (steroid) cream or ointment like dermacort(hydrocortisone). Adding a humidifier to the central heating system of your home or using a humidifier also helps.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.