Skin Cancer Community
what is this near my toe nail?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

what is this near my toe nail?

9416870?1377314497
Hi all. I am new here.

I am wondering what is this near my toe nail. It was not there before, and I only just recently noticed it.

hope someone can enlighten. thanks heaps!
You need to get this black dot examined by a dermatologist. A brown or black dot or streak under a toenail or fingernail could be a blood clot, fungus infection, or possibly a skin cancer. Hence get it examined under a dermatoscope from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thanks for the reply. I went to the dermatologist last month and they seemed to say it was ok. However i have to come back early october to get it examined again.