what is this near my toe nail?
Hi all. I am new here.

I am wondering what is this near my toe nail. It was not there before, and I only just recently noticed it.

hope someone can enlighten. thanks heaps!
You need to get this black dot examined by a dermatologist. A brown or black dot or streak under a toenail or fingernail could be a blood clot, fungus infection, or possibly a skin cancer. Hence get it examined under a dermatoscope from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thanks for the reply. I went to the dermatologist last month and they seemed to say it was ok. However i have to come back early october to get it examined again.