white patches on skin

My question is.. does this white patches on skin problem is generatioc?
I have one marriage proposal & his mother & father both have the problem of white patches on skin since last 6-7 years..
fistly his mother had started that problem later on his father had started that proble? Can you pleae clerify me that,.. does there any chance with this boy to have such problem in future? is it trafser from his parents to him.. & from him to his next generation?
I can't take decision wether to marry him or not becos of this problem? pls answe on this question..
If your willing to not marry your partner on something so trivial as white patches then i'm sorry to tell you, your shallow. I would also question yourself, if something like this prevents you from marrying him, do you really love him? and are you ready for marriage as I dont think you are.

Back on the health issue, i am no doctor, but if both wife and husband (His parents) both have white patches and hopefully not related somehow other than man and wife, I would guess the white patches are something more to do with how they are living and something in their house old. than a condition passed down within the family