Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
Bizarre Waking "Dreams," Half Asleep/Half Awake

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

I am sixteen years old and over the past year I have had three nights where I fall in and out of sleep for a couple hours, never fully waking up, but being able to move around in my bed/see my room, etc, and experiencing very weird and stressful "dreams." The first night this happened to me, I woke up and had the feeling that my friends were in the room with me, and I needed to sit up so they wouldn't be offended that I was falling asleep in their company. I kept half waking up and trying to prop myself up on my pillow. This one was very confusing and distressing because i kept becoming frustrated with myself because I kept falling back into sleep. The second time was actually more dream like, I was standing on the corner of a street and cars made of hair were driving by me and when i kept waking up halfway, I was trying to figure out what car I needed to get into, and then I would fall back asleep and see the same cars driving past me and wake up again, and so on and so forth. The last one was not so much distressing as it was just flat out weird. When I woke up for the first time that night, I was convinced my blanket was the album cover of a record. That's basically it, and thoughts on what this is, what it might stem from?
Avatar dr m tn
I deal mainly with sleep-breathing issues. You may want to address this with either your doctor or a sleep medicine doctor.
Avatar n tn
OH, sorry Dr. Steven Y Park, I was under the impression that this was supposed to be a "helpful" medical forum, I guess I was confused by the name of the website: medHELP. The reason I posted here was because I am literally sixteen years old and I do not have a sleep medicine doctor, and my mom doesn't take this seriously, thus, I cannot see my doctor about this. I am dying. please help me
A related discussion, half awake hallucinations was started.