Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
CPAP - Back Pain

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

CPAP - Back Pain
Does anyone experience severe back pains in the morning?  I can't tell if it my lungs.  I have epilepsy and my cpap machine has been a blessing in disguise,  I've lived my life in a state of exhaustion, until use of my cpap machine, and that has often caused very bad seizures.  Without my cpap machine, I don't think I'd be here making this post.
I agree with BobRBob. Try sleeping on your side with CPAP. Otherwise, your pressure may need to be adjusted to be optimized for back-sleeping.
Dcel, have you by any chance started sleeping on your back since going on CPAP? People with sleep apnea often learn to not sleep on their backs because the apneas are at their worst in the supine position. After going on CPAP, they then sometimes start sleeping on their backs because they discover they can now breathe comfortably in this position. This new posture can cause back pain because the body isn't used to the position; muscles are stretched in new ways and the back may not be adequately supported. Just a thought but that may be what's happening to you. The solution may be as simple as going back to side sleeping.

Glad to hear the CPAP therapy has worked so well for you.
A related discussion, headaches-backaches-aching lungs was started.