Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
CPAP Question for Doctor

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

CPAP Question for Doctor
I have had a CPAP for a few months now and, while I admittedly do not use it every day, it is for three reasons:

1.  The mask irritates my face.

2.  I feel no more rested than when I do not use it.

3.  I am a stomach/side sleeper and, whenever I roll, the mask comes off.

Are there any alternatives other than a machine for the rest of my life?  Why am I still so tired?  Would a different mattress help?  Is there a specific mask that would work best?

I am tired of being tired all of the time...any help would be appreciated!
There are lots of answers for each of your questions. Thousands of others before you have suffered the same problems, and have eventually overcome them. Unfortunately, here's no simple answer. If would take much too long with the time and space constraints here in this forum. There are many online resources and social media groups that are more than happy to answer your questions. Regarding alternatives, take a look at my earlier journal articles on sleep apnea.