Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
Can't Sleep

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Can't Sleep
I have off and on trouble sleeping.  Some nights when I do sleep I stop breathing for a bit and then when I breath again it is like I all of a sudden suck in a huge breath (like when you are swimming and first come out of the water).

But other times I cannot fall asleep, I will actually be up all night for 1-2 nights in a row.  I get tired around 7-8 am but must start my day so I can't sleep then, and then that night I will be up all night again even though I haven't slept.

Is this normal or should I see a doctor about it?

Thanks,

Niknak1974
Traditional doctors may consider you to have anxiety, but what you're describing sounds like  a sleep-breathing problem. I agree—it may be a sleep-breathing problem.