Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
Falling asleep

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Falling asleep
During the day at the office I am always falling asleep, sitting at my desk typing, talking to a workmate, on the phone, in meetings etc. Even when am driving i fall asleep. I feel tired most of the time. But I am fit i train in the mornings and afternoons, since the last 2 months, I have lost wieght which is great. But I am seriously worried about this falling asleep everywhere.  I usually go to bed at 10 -11pm and wake up at 5am  for training. This has been going on for a couple of years but its seems like this year is worse...Whats wrong here??
What you're experiencing is not normal. You could have obstructive sleep apnea or narcolepsy. You should consider seeing a sleep medicine specialist.
This is me jackie again. Just adding to the above question. I also grind my teeth wen i sleep. I'm 28, 5ft 6in, 187pounds.