Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
Gasping for air and numbness in both hands

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

I woke up early morning with both of hands numb though I am still breathing through my jammed nose. I need to breath very hard using my mouth to ease the numbness and to continue to feel well. There is slight numbness to my temples. Recently my eyes have sharp pain, feel cold easily, neck pain, nose is always quite blocked, though I have no problem exercisng an hour a day. I do not understand what is happening to me. Please help, thanks.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Try using a nasal decongestant for 2-3 nights and see if your hand problems improve. If so, see an ENT doctor to take care of your nasal congestion. After you're breathing better through your nose, if you still have the problem, you should get a complete medical exam. It's a little premature to think that you may have a sleep-breathing problem, but you should at least consider it.