Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
I think I have sleep apnea

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

I think I have sleep apnea

This may sound silly but at times when I am tired at night to 'forget' to breathe. By that I mean I exhale then don't inhale until i realize I stopped breathing. I only do this in that state you are in that us sort of trancelike when you are about to fall asleep. I have no idea if this may be a syndrome or an effect or completely unrelated but I feel that I should mention that I get about 6 hours of sleep and maybe twice a day I expierience something like a mix of fatique and blacking out. I do not actually lose conciessness, but my vision turns black and I feel slightly dizzy for a second or two. I am a shallow breather, I am tweleve, female, and have average height and weight.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I was thinking that you may have sleep paralysis, but if it's happening during the day as well, then that's unlikely. If your problem doesn't go away on it's own, then you should talk with your doctor about it. At your age, you should be getting 9 to 10 hours of sleep. Try sleeping more and see what happens. 6 is not nearly enough, even for adults.
I have the exact same thing sometimes.
I have the exact same thing sometimes.