Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
I think I have sleep apnea
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I think I have sleep apnea

This may sound silly but at times when I am tired at night to 'forget' to breathe. By that I mean I exhale then don't inhale until i realize I stopped breathing. I only do this in that state you are in that us sort of trancelike when you are about to fall asleep. I have no idea if this may be a syndrome or an effect or completely unrelated but I feel that I should mention that I get about 6 hours of sleep and maybe twice a day I expierience something like a mix of fatique and blacking out. I do not actually lose conciessness, but my vision turns black and I feel slightly dizzy for a second or two. I am a shallow breather, I am tweleve, female, and have average height and weight.