Is this Sleep Apnea or something else?
I am 25, female, with terrible allergies.
My husband says in the middle of the night I have trouble breathing, but not the type one usually associates with sleep apnea- where one stopd breathing and then starts again. He says that I start to breathe rapidly and deeply, as if hyperventilating but with extremely deep breaths instead of shallow ones. I sometimes wake from this feeling as though I have not been breathing at all, or even have dreams that I am being suffocated. I also snore badly at times, or not at all at times. What could this be?
There's no classic sign or symptoms of sleep apnea. If you snore and breathe like that, it's likely you may have it. Consider seeing a sleep medicine specialist. You can also stop breathing multiple times at night and not officially have sleep apnea.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.