Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
MS & Sleep Disorders

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

MS & Sleep Disorders

Hi Dr. Park - there is no question with this post -I just want to give you the link to the presentation at the MS Consortium Annual meeting that dealt with sleep disorders in MS patients. I'm sure most of this information is what you know, but there might be a new tidbit or two in here for you.

http://www.mscare.org/cmsc/images/pdf/2010CMSc_W9_Brandes_Heyman_SleepDisorders.pdf

as always,
Laura
MS forum
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks, Laura.
Dr. Park,
The interest in sleep and MS seems to be growing.  I just listened to a presentation in a series - MS from A-Z - produced by the University of Washington.  The neurologist said he insists on ALL of his MS patients having a sleep study done.

His reasoning is the body heals best when it is at rest; healing is what we are constantly doing when we have a demylinating disease like MS.  We are unable to get adequate rest if we have an undiagnosed sleep disorder.

Of course I smiled and thought of you when I heard this reasoning.  It fits with what you have been saying all along.

my best,  Laura