Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
Sleep Apnea Surgery
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sleep Apnea Surgery

Hello,
I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea last year. Before then, I was constantly tired, stressed, my husband would complain of me snoring very badly. I was put on CPAP machine. It has been 6 months and I still can't get used to it. I wake up many times a night to adjust the straps, the water drops accumulate in my mask and end up in my nose, sometimes I still hear myself snore even with the mask, and it dramatically impacted my travel and overall life quality. We had a power outage once for 4 days, and I could not use my CPAP and got almost no sleep those 4 nights. So, yesterday I saw a program on TV where the doctors were discussing a surgery which adjusts the roof of the mouth and gets rid of sleep apnea. Is there anybody out there who had this surgery, who can share their experience with me? I am interested in the overall success rate, recovery, side effects, etc.
Thank you,
G.