Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
Sleep Apnea

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Sleep Apnea
I wake up from a sound sleep gasping for air, could this be sleep apnea? I do snore and have numerous hother health problems.
Everyone stops breathing once in a while during sleep due to various reasons. If the problem progresses and occurs more often, then that may mean progression to obstructive sleep apnea. If you're excessive tired or have various other medical problems, such as snoring, depression, anxiety, hypertension, diabetes or heart disease, even more reason to think sleep apnea. It sounds like you may need a sleep study.
Thank you so very much Dr. Park, I do have alot of the medical problems that you mentioned above, and I think my question was expertly answered, again thank you very much.