Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
Sleep Problems
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sleep Problems

I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea two years ago and was given a machine to use when sleeping. After one month, I quit using the machine as the mask caused severe soreness to my nose. I switched to "pillows", but they irritated my nostrils.
Stubbornly, I quite using the machine all together.
My question is this. I have been diagnosed as having depression issue and my doctor recently (less than two weeks ago) put me on Mirtazapine and instructed me to take it about 30 to 60 minutes before going to bed for the night.
The past 3 nights, I have woken up several times while taking a deep "gasp" for air. I realize not wearing the mask is a cause of this, but could the combination of not wearing my mask with the Mirtazapine make the situation worse?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.