Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
Sleep apnea - Should I get a sleep study?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sleep apnea - Should I get a sleep study?

So, I haven't been diagnosed with it, or what not yet. But, I read somewhere, on a symptom's site that having trouble breathing whilst awake may be part of sleep apnea. I'm not so sure, and when I'm awake and what not my chest is extremely tense, and 'heavy', almost as if someone is sitting upon it. My breathing patterns are sporadic, like sometimes I feel as if I don't need to breathe, and I won't notice(yet notice at the same time), and continue to breathe.

I'd really just like to be able to breathe normally once again, and I have a doctors appointment for this Tuesday - still, I'm worried.

Is it tension? Depression? Or a chest sinus infection possibly?