Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
Sleep apnea - Should I get a sleep study?

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

So, I haven't been diagnosed with it, or what not yet. But, I read somewhere, on a symptom's site that having trouble breathing whilst awake may be part of sleep apnea. I'm not so sure, and when I'm awake and what not my chest is extremely tense, and 'heavy', almost as if someone is sitting upon it. My breathing patterns are sporadic, like sometimes I feel as if I don't need to breathe, and I won't notice(yet notice at the same time), and continue to breathe.

I'd really just like to be able to breathe normally once again, and I have a doctors appointment for this Tuesday - still, I'm worried.

Is it tension? Depression? Or a chest sinus infection possibly?  
From what you describe, it could be anything. If you suspect you have obstructive sleep apnea, then go ahead and get, tested, as it can definitely aggravate everything else.
Hi, how did your Dr. appointment go? Do you still have these symptoms? Did they go away? I have something very similar. Minor difficult breathing when at rest, heavy feeling on chest, and sleep apnea. I've only had it for a few days - it came on very suddenly.