Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
Waking up with Papultaions. pulsing

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Waking up with Papultaions. pulsing
i wake up every day like 4/5 in the morning with pulsations/papultation. strong heart beat and pulsing in my head. back of head.  every morning. i had a total thyroechtemy 7 months ago. i was told im regulated now on the syntroid. had an atrial fibrulation during the operation. on metropolo on 50 mgs once a day. my heart seem fine all day . bp has been staedy and good. consistently 115/78 with 75 pulse.  but this continues to happen dailey.It seem to go away in about 10 20 mins it calms down, I  was checked out 5 months ago by cardiologist. did echo/ stress echo/  ultrasound/ everything was good. heart was good no blockeages. strong muscle.  i exercise dailey.  . any ideas why this is happening. could it be im not fully regulated from the syntroid yet. or stress.  got a follup with cardiologist nerxt week any suggestions.  thanks Kevin
One condition that you must rule in or rule out is obstructive sleep apnea. This could be a good reasons why you wake up at the same time, with palpitations and pulsing in your head. If you just stopped breathing for 30 seconds and woke up from deep sleep, what you describe can happen. Longer periods of deeper sleep or REM sleep occurs later in the night. This is also when your muscles relax the most, making you more susceptible to breathing problems.
thanks going to cardiologist this wed. thanks for info
cardiologist said everything is good/ok