Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
can't stay asleep

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

can't stay asleep
i am a 34-year-old female, and for about two years, now, i have found it impossible to stay asleep for more than an hour and a half at a time. EVERY night i wake about 3-4 times depending on when i go to bed. i have no problem falling to sleep, but when i wake up, i am wide awake (and hungry!), so i walk around, eat, etc. sometimes i am fully aware that i am doing this, and other times i don't realize it til i am in another room. sometimes i don't leave the bed at all, but will be wide awake for about 5 minutes, then pass right back out and have very vivid dreams every night (and quite regular nightmares). i exercise every day and am in good shape...my job is very physical as well...i feel okay...but i am just wondering if this is normal/healthy/etc....or if it will eventually take a toll on me.

any clues? advice?
Eventually, it'll take it's toll on your body. Talk to a sleep medicine doctor.