Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
feeling horrible after taking a nap
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

feeling horrible after taking a nap

Hy doc.I am 20 years old.For about 5 years i do not sleep well probably of depresion but i see a shrik.MOst of the times
i take a nap in the afternoon i waske up feeling dizzy,nervous with headaches,nausea,agitated,and during sleep i also feel
some agitation.
Now data about me
I have small deviated septum,actually do not breathe very well,bile pool in stomach and depression and anxiety
I have done many blood tests and all were ok.Sometimes i feel so bad when i wake up  that i do not want to go to bed
I take Luvox,Valproic acid,rivotril and a hypnotic for sleep wich helps but only during night.
What do you think causes my symptoms?
Related Discussions
How long are your naps? If it's longer than 30 to 45 minutes, you may be entering REM sleep, when your muscles relax the most, causing obstructions. If you can't normally sleep on your back, and are tired, no matter how long you sleep, you should think about seeing a sleep doctor.
2 Comments
Blank
My naps are usually longer then 30-45 minute, are aproximately 1 h-1h and 30 minutes,and i usually dream,but i have an agitated dream.i feel the same symtoms (symptoms) even if the nap takes 30 minutes.
I hope you answer with some detail information
Could this sleep probelm cause depression and all other symtoms (symptoms)?
Plus it is hard form me to get to sleep,i have some kind of agitated insomnia.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank