The Dr. said she needs her tonsils taken out very badly, but that she is very high risk because of age and weight. Are their any options other than surgery until she can get older and weigh more. What are the risks of the apnea, if we just wait. She hasn't been eating good and has stoped gaining weight and I think she is starting to loose. She will be 2 next week so she is still aways from the golden age of tonsil removal.
Your situation has to be discussed with your ENT on an individual basis. I can't make a recommendation without personally seeing your daughter. There are not absolutes in terms of age and weight. Ultimately, there will always be pros and cons, and that's a decision that you'll have to make with your pediatrician and ENT surgeon. Good luck.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.