Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
swelling of feet,ankles,hands and stomach using cpap machine

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

since using cpap machine started swelling in feet,ankles,hands and stomach. stopped using machine for 4 days swelling went away. started using again for 3 days swelling came back. doctor has ruled out possible causes other than cpap machine
That's an unusual side effects, but not unheard of. It sounds like you're proven cause and effect. I agree with BoHager that maybe you should play around with your humidity settings. If that doesn't work, talk to your sleep doctor about trying different settings/models for your CPAP machine.
I hope you get an answer to this question, I am going through the exact same thing.Also have burning in eyes.Does your CPAP have humidifier? Mine does, I think that might have something to do with it. Also on fluid pill and it's not helping with it nor is the anti-inflamitory. I am takeing in moist air all night and retaining it ( urination is way down to )Hope we can both get some help!!!
A related discussion, CPAP AND ANKLE/LEG SWELLING was started.
A related discussion, Is there a solution for edema caused by CPAP ? was started.
A related discussion, Problem with swelling after using CPAP was started.