Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
swelling of feet,ankles,hands and stomach using cpap machine
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

swelling of feet,ankles,hands and stomach using cpap machine

since using cpap machine started swelling in feet,ankles,hands and stomach. stopped using machine for 4 days swelling went away. started using again for 3 days swelling came back. doctor has ruled out possible causes other than cpap machine
Related Discussions
That's an unusual side effects, but not unheard of. It sounds like you're proven cause and effect. I agree with BoHager that maybe you should play around with your humidity settings. If that doesn't work, talk to your sleep doctor about trying different settings/models for your CPAP machine.
3 Comments
Blank
1054018_tn?1254618284
I hope you get an answer to this question, I am going through the exact same thing.Also have burning in eyes.Does your CPAP have humidifier? Mine does, I think that might have something to do with it. Also on fluid pill and it's not helping with it nor is the anti-inflamitory. I am takeing in moist air all night and retaining it ( urination is way down to )Hope we can both get some help!!!
Blank
A related discussion, CPAP AND ANKLE/LEG SWELLING was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Is there a solution for edema caused by CPAP ? was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Problem with swelling after using CPAP was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...
Jul 09 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank