Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
wake up gag

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

wake up gag

For that last 4 days I have had a rude awakening... Most of the mornings I woke up with a gag and severe nausea. But as I wake up the sickness goes away and Im just left there awake and unable to sleep anymore. Also, one time, I woke up yelling, and again with a gag or two. Why is this happening? Im not sure if it's 'Sleep Apnea' or not, but I'd like some guidance or just a reason for it happening.

Thanks.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
If sounds like you stopped breathing and woke up, but it's difficult to say it was an apnea, since you need to stop breathing for 10 seconds before you can call it one. Are you eating late or drinking alcohol late? If so, stop that for a week or two and see if your problem comes back. If it does, you may want to see a sleep doctor.
Thank you very much, I had been having late night snacks and that was the problem. I stopped doing it and the whole waking up gag thing stopped :)

I have another issue now, it is greatly affecting my sleep. I have been getting chest pains and trouble breathing most days. I get night sweats and cough quite abit while trying to sleep (this doesnt happen just during nights, its days too). I posted my symptoms and whats been happening on a respiratory forum. I'd like all the help I can get so I was wondering if I could get your opinion?

My friends keep saying I have H1N1, but I know I can't have it because I had the vaccine well over a month and a half ago. But I know that I had a TB shot like 7 or 8 years ago, i dont know if this eliminated it or not, and its still in my body laying dorment. If a body's immune system goes down, the tb virus usually spreads, and I'm thinking this is the problem. I do have other symptoms too; like, fatigue, dry cough, loss of apatite, a little weight loss, fevers, and occasional mucous cough-up - looks yellowish pink.

Any advice? Again I have posted this issue on other forums, and I do have a doctors appointment coming up in like 2 weeks.

Thanks.