Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
waking up at night every 1,2 or 3 hours

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

waking up at night every 1,2 or 3 hours

hello dr., please give me some advice
for the past couple months, there was changes in my work schedule which lead me to have to sleep during the day since i work night shift, i have no other choice than sleep daytime and stay up at night for work, that goes on for couple months.

forward to now, now my working is back to normal, work daytime and sleep nightime. now i CANNOT seem to get my sleep back on track. I don't know if i'm just not use to the hours, or if my previous couple months sleep daytime cause me to develope sleep apnea but now....this is what i been having

for the past couple weeks, when i try to sleep at night, i wake up every hour, i remember to sleep, dreams and then wake up looking at the clock it only 1 hour pass by and i do this throughout the night..

then now, little bit better, now i tend to wake up every 2 or 3 hours throughout the night, i remember i do sleep cuze i remember i dream though, but how come every 2-3 hours, i keep open my eyes for some reason, and then fall back to sleep. it get me really tire at night cuze i don't have full cycle of sleep, my eyes stung and feel heavy.

before i was able to sleep 7-8 hours straight without being awake, now i can't do that anymore, i keep open my eyes after like 2-3 hours of sleep, and this happen throughout the whole night.

help please, it worries me
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It sounds like an insomnia issue which can be better addressed by Dr. Jacobs in the Insomnia forum.