Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
waking up with difficulty breathing

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

waking up with difficulty breathing

I have sleep apena and I use a face mask with 4 liters of oxygen my problem is I wake up in the middle of the night ripping my mask of  without opening the clasps first with I can't breathe my nails are blue my lips are blue after I take it is off I use my oxygen mask to breathe in my oxygen just alone and finally after 5 minutes I can breathe better I told my doctor what happened and he said it is normal what I am going through I told him I don't agree he said it is somethings it happens to people it will go away well it is happened everynight and last night an ambulance was called because my breathing was so bad they had oxygen on me and also they were using something called and ammu bag to breathe with a mask on the end it was scary.should I get a second opinion
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The fact that you are on oxygen and using CPAP for sleep apnea makes it a complicated situation. Your problem is very common, and in most cases can be dealt with by working with your sleep doctor or DME vendor. If you're not getting anywhere, by all means look for a second opinion.