Sleep Apnea / Disorders Expert Forum
what is it?

Questions in the Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

what is it?

i have been having this for a long time where i can see and hear but cant move and i have had a sleep study and the doctor told me sleep paralysis now i have read a million diffrent things what sleep paralysis really is no one knows do u have a more clear answer?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
You're right in that there's a lot of conflicting information about it. My feeling is that you're probably having frequent obstructions and arousals, which is causing your brain to get confused about which stage of sleep you're in and forgets to turn on your switch that allows you to move your muscles. If you have any degree of sleep-breathing problems, get that treated.
A related discussion, Sleep Apnea? was started.