Astral Catalepsy VS Sleep Paralysis
I have heard of many peoples stories on Astral Catalepsy, most call it Sleep Paralysis, I have done research on both and one diagnoses seems to be more scientific, while the other is leaning toward spiritual. I have had problems with Astral Catalepsy off and on my whole life, and it is the same feeling as everyone else gets. A sense of a evil presence, a feeling a paralysis, unable to awake, a loud bang or white noise right before awakening, it is a scary feeling i know. But i have overcome it since i was a child, now when it occurs i just tough it out cause in my sleep, im well aware what it is and its happening, sometimes i struggle in my sleep by as noted by others, it just makes it worse. If at all possible just do what i do, tell yourself in your sleep that its just astral projection or sleep paralysis and stay calm, you will soon snap out of it and awake. You might even be in a cold or hot sweat or out of breath when you awaken though..lol
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The symptoms you are experiencing could be due to an entity called sleep paralysis. When this happens in sleep the person has difficulty moving his hands or feet. This is the symptom of a sleep disorder called Narcolepsy. This sleep disorder is characterized by excessive day time sleepiness, sleep paralysis, cataplexy where the person has episodes of loss of muscle function while awake, hypnogogic hallucinations and automatic behavior.

Narcolepsy is diagnosed by the sleep onset REM episodes (SOREMs), wherein the person goes into the dream phase or REM cycle soon after sleep onset. This is evident in the Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT).

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.