Aa
A
A
Close
Bad Sleep Patterns
I have recently had a long break from work, which has been brilliant. I have had the time to notice why I cannot cope during the day at work, as I seem to have a strange sleeping pattern. Very often I will sleep on and off for the best part of the night and then at about 5 or 6am (when I usually have to get up for work), I fall into a really lovely deep sleep until 9am - possibly longer if the postman didn't wake me up. No wonder I cannot function well at work. I am returning in a weeks time and I am already panicing about my sleep. I have given up alcohol, have a routine before bed (hot drink, bath, book) and it has helped. Occassionally I will have a brilliant night and my goodness, what a difference. I want to feel like that every day! How can I get my body to have a proper deep sleep during the best part of the night and not when I need to wake? I also suffer with terrible hissing in my ears.
Thanks
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I had fallen into a similar pattern for years and undoing it didn't happen quickly. The only thing that worked in the end was forcing myself up early and allowing no naps. A few days of this and I was too ready to fall asleep early.

When staying up late then tossing and turning till nearly morning then sleeping good, it too was from exhaustion. It turned out I had sleep apnea that was preventing me from sleeping well until I was just too sleepy to stay awake longer. If you continue to have trouble, wouldn't hurt to get checked out just to be sure.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank