Bad Sleeping Habits
Hi, im 16 and i have really bad sleeping habits. Today i woke up at 2pm and i went to bed at 2:30am the night before.
I also have a lot of trouble waking up in time for school in the mornings, its the 2 week holidays at the moment, so its not a current problem but when i go back to school it will occur again. It really annoys me when i do it and i hate having a bad sleeping habit but its so hard to break. My mum gets annoyed with me when i do it so i try not too, but its harder than it seems. I have tried making routines and all that but i just dont follow them.
I love sleep so much ahah, but i wish i had a good sleeping pattern where i could wake up feeling refreshed and maybe even go for a jog on the beach before i have school.

Please help me, and give me some advice on what i should do if you can. Thank you.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Agree with you, a good night’s sleep is very refreshing. You could be having an entity called delayed phase syndrome, where in the biological clock is reset and occurs late. It is a circadian rhythm disorder. There is a circadian rhythm for all living organisms. It is a 24 hour cycle rhythm and the biological clock within that individual adapts to this rhythm. This can be reset by bright light therapy, sleeping pills and sometimes by sleep debt. In sleep debt, though you happen to sleep late, you condition yourself to get up early; this in turn will help you to sleep early. So, try this, but if your symptoms still persist, I would advise you to discuss your symptoms with your primary care physician who may then refer you to a sleep specialist for further evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.