Sleep Disorders Community
Brain Scan

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Brain Scan

Hi I had a MR scan of my brain a couple of weeks ago as I had vertigo’s episodes some times . According to my doctor the MR results shows some unspecified gliosis. He said this is not a major problem, as it can be associated to some sleeping disorders and nothing with the vertigo. Do you agree with this opinion or I should check with a neurologist? He recommended me to see a sleeping disorder's specialist
Thanks in advance
Gliosis is nonspecific reactive change of glial cells in response to damage to the central nervous system (CNS). Focal gliosis seen on an MRI usually does not indicate a problem. If a person is thinking and functioning normally, the focal gliosis was probably caused by some injury in the distant past.

But if you are having any neurological symptoms then it needs evaluation. You should consult a neurologist first and then a sleep specialist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for the answer. Well I have a very normal life, I'm 43 , do sports, play tennis, eat well. What are the neurological symptoms you mention I should note?
Thanks again