Aa
A
A
Close
CPAP, sneezing, running nose, headache
Guess I should have looked to the internet along time ago...I have used my CPAP for 12 or 14 years now...Never had the "oh my goodness...Great relief"  that so many people say they have...It has been a struggle at best but...I can not sleep without it ...and since my dad died at 67 years old of a massive heart attack after decades of horrific snoring..I need to learn to use it. I have had a horrible time with my sinus. At first I thought it was related to a new job.  Then it seemed seasonal and got especially bad in the winter when the heat is on...My symptoms change with the seasons.....and atmospheric conditions...Just when I think I have things figured out...another set beck, or another variable...I am beyond frustrated...Most Drs and machine providers act like these issues do not exist OR that you just have to live with it... .I do all the things I am suppose to...Nette pot using GSE, clean machine, hoses, change mask and filters, countless appointments to DR, allergist and allergy testing (no allergies), am looking at food intolerances and immune symptom issues. I am once again in the dead of winter and in the midst of a really bad event...I sneeze hundreds of time a day, go through boxes of Kleenex and to the point of wetting myself...I sneeze so hard.....Allergy pills do not work nor do I want to take them the rest of my life and they mess with the quality of your sleep..It is in the last year or two that had finally decided that it was probably the CPAP that was causing it. I have a new machine. I have played with my humidity settings and recently made a fleece cover for the hose....reading through all the post, tonight...I may turn my humidity up one setting to see what happens but in the past when I have done that...I wake up drowning in moisture....I have one more symptom I would like to add...I use Swift nasal pillows...some nights I am awaken because I have a freezing cold triangle on my face, it is so cold and ..almost to the point of a headache.. It's my nose, the bridge, sinuses in my forehead and into my cheeks... I then have to cover my head and it may or may not warm up. and I may or may not be able to return to sleep.. we have to keep our bedroom cool or that will be another issue to wake me.. My sleep is interrupted by so many things... my back ache, a shoulder issue, sneezing, cold face....I guess I am venting now more than anything. I do not know when I slept straight thru the night... probably more than 16 years...maybe 20 years ... Do all the people with this issue use the nasal pillows...I went to them because I could get past the claustrophobic feelings early on...I am working on my weight issues, I am over weight by about 40 pounds but I am afraid that with my Dad's history that my issues may not be fixed by just losing weight...I was diagnosed when I was 25  pounds over weight. But I am working on it...I would love to weight 40 pounds less.  Any input that that anyone has would be welcome...I always hate to have anyone who is new to using a CPAP to ask me about my experience because I don't want to scare them off.  Thanks, Jan
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Have you ever taken antibiotics for sinusitis?

Also get your vitamin D3 level checked
25 OH vitamin D blood test

You need to be above 50ng/mL for better sleep/health.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Sleep Disorders Community Resources