Sleep Disorders Community
CPAP and chest pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

CPAP and chest pain

Good afternoon!
I just started using a CPAP after being diagnosed as having severe sleep apnea. While I didn't know I had it, my symptoms have been varied over the years. Fatigue, no dreams, forgetfulness, anxiety/panic attacks, etc. Let's just say that since using the CPAP, I now am having dreams again and almost hate to get out of bed in the morning! Not because I'm still tired, it is just that it is such a relief to actually be getting some rest. I assume my "sleep debt" would make the national debt look small.
Anyway, I started using the CPAP about 5 days ago. I sleep OK, wake up now and then due to the mask. I feel tired, but rested. I usually get up and do about 2-3 miles on my treadmill at 3.8-4MPH, and again, other then feeling a little woozy, I feel fine.
I have begun having chest pains that start usually in the afternoon and, I believe, can be relieved with OAC pain meds.  I will say that when I fully exhale, I can cough a little. The pain is kind of a burning in the center of the chest and in the center of the back. So far, the exercise has not seemed to have an impact on the pain.
Yesterday, after standing about 20 minutes in a restaurant, I had a few head rushes (not dizzy enough to search for a seat or anything), my face felt hot (to me) and I got that same old "fuzzy" feeling that I attribute to stress or anxiety. What was unusual was that these episode, which I have gotten before, usually last several hours, or sometimes until I go to sleep. Yesterday, they only lasted about 1/2 hour. After that, I had the occasion to climb a steep flight of stairs and was a little winded and the fuzzy feeling came back, again only for about 15 minutes.
I guess my question is, when do we worry about heart issues? I have GERD and have been to the ER on several occasions and feel like an idiot when it turns out to be nothing.
I am of the current assumption, based on some research I have done, that chest pain is not uncommon when starting CPAP.
Any suggestions? Comments?
Thanks!
JP
Muscular pain when first using CPAP has been reported by some, Others report chest and back pain from air going into the digestive system. CPAP should not cause pain, shortness of breath, and dizziness during the daytime. Maybe you should talk to your doctor about checking your respiratory and cardiac function. I kept getting symptoms assumed to be cardiac and turned out to be respiratory related with decreased lung function. Good luck on finding answers.
I also was having bad chest pain on the left side after waking up using a face mask on 8.0.  The pain was much less after a day for some reason. I was thinking it might be from too low pressure and CO2 poisoning.  Could this be pericarditis and what are the symptoms of that?
I also feel my heart racing a lot during the day and feel I can't relax or rest when I'm a wake