Sleep Disorders Community
CPAP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

CPAP

I know that they are going to put me on a cpap machine. I know I would do okay with the mask that is just the two little prongs that go in your nose. However in the past when I have had surgery I have gone crazy when they have put the mask over my mouth and nose. I have always had very bad allergies and can not stand to have anything touching my nose and mouth. So I was wondering how do they determine what is the best mask for you to have?
  • CPAP Machine (3 replies):
    I will be purchasing a cpap machine next week for my sle...[more]
  • presure sore (3 replies):
    hi have had sleep apnea since august and was issued a sm...[more]
  • CPAP Machine (5 replies):
    I have been using my CPAP machine for a month now. I tho...[more]
  • Moderate OSA (2 replies):
    I have Moderate OSA and haven't been able to tolerate an...[more]
  • BiPAP update (1 replies):
    Wanted to update on one month with BiPAP. I did have to ...[more]
It's all about you, trial and error and what you feel is comfortable. Those littel prongs as you call them are called nasal pillows.
Avatar n tn
I use the full CPAP mask that covers my mouth and nose. At first it caused me a somewhat claustrophobic feeling and I always wanted to rip it off my face, but I got over that after a few days and now it is no problem. I sleep like a baby with it now.

Rob
Hi, It may take some time for you to get adjusted to use of these machines. sometimes only initially you will have allergic reaction but as time goes it goes off, consult your doctor for an appropriate instrument, bye.
Hi, hope you are doing well. Did you visit your doctor, can you share your inputs. Pls update the section. Take care, bye.
Ask someone online. I got mine from cpapoutlet.ca, pretty good service there.  However, I do not need the mask anymore .
May I ask how many pounds are you? The natural enemy of sleep aphea is..losing weight for most cases, that includes me. : )