Sleep Disorders Community
Can sleep in day but not at night?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Can sleep in day but not at night?

I am facing a problem since couple of years that i can not sleep at night till 2am or 3am and when i sleep i cant wake up early in the morning and wake up at 11am or 12pm of the next day plz someone help me i am want to get rid of this problem?
0%
 (0) 
Reply
0%
 (0) 
Helping
0%
 (0) 
couraging
0%
 (0) 
correct
0 Members voted
Do you have any type of cirrhosis or HE? I have read about "day-night reversal" at more advanced stages  but have never seen it mentioned. It is an interesting phenomenon.
http://www.hcvadvocate.org/hepatitis/hepc/hepatic_encephalopathy.html

http://www.medicinenet.com/cirrhosis/page2.htm
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You could be having an entity called delayed phase syndrome, where in the biological clock is reset and occurs late. It is a circadian rhythm disorder. There is a circadian rhythm for all living organisms. It is a 24 hour cycle rhythm and the biological clock within that individual adapts to this rhythm. This can be reset by bright light therapy, sleeping pills and sometimes by sleep debt. In sleep debt, though you happen to sleep late, you condition yourself to get up early; this in turn will help you to sleep early. So, try this, but if your symptoms still persist, I would advise you to discuss your symptoms with your primary care physician who may then refer you to a sleep specialist for further evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.