Sleep Disorders Community
Can't ever sleep at night!! what could it be?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

For the past few weeks i have not been able to sleep whatsoever, I lay around in bed for hours on end, and nothing seems to work. I'm also pretty stressed during the day as i feel like i am just stuck at home. I'm 21 years old, lost my job, no school, no car and feel like im stuck and down all the time. I feel like i have sleep anxiety and worry about whether or not i can sleep, and it feels i just want to sleep on time and wake up everyday as a routine. I don't usually pass out until 4am or after due to this. I should add i've smoked marijuana pretty darn heavily for the past 3+ years of my life, many times a day as a fact and would certainly sleep whenever i felt like it. I've stopped smoking altogether and am wondering if I may having some sort of withdrawal perhaps. I went to my doctor and he prescribed me 15mg of Remeron (Mirtazipine) which is an anti-depressent. My doctor says it usually takes a couple weeks to really start working but the first few days of use i felt jittery and restless through my body when lying in bed and it did not seem to work to well. I'm going back to him shortly to discuss this. He knows of my marijuana use but not sure of how much of a heavy user I was. I'm positive it could be that, but all i really want is my sleep life back, as i also feel like im going crazy and gonna snap during the day as i lay around and do nothing but watch tv all day... anyone have any advice on this perhaps would greatly help!! as you can see from the time of my post, i'm still fairly awake at this moment... Thanks!!
Make sure you are eating nutritiously, with healthy fruits, veggies, fish, meat, good grains, nuts, etc.  Nutrition is what keeps us healthy, and if it's not so good, symptoms can arise.  Very important for handling stress are the B Vitamin Complex and Magnesium.  Magnesium is good with helping you relax and sleep, too.
hai:
Sleeping place should be clean ,comfortable, dark ,quite.
Consume warm milk, or potato, or BAnana or cabbage or Honey half and hour before going to sleep..

It will help you, Keep ur mind relaxed and free from thinking .ok.

Hi, welcome to the forum, you seem to have insomnia. You going through stress, anxiety (because of loss of job), or circadian rhythm sleep disorders (secondary to smoking marijuana).  

The investigations which will help to diagnose the type and cause for insomnia are Polysomnography, Multiple sleep latency test and Actigraphy.

The therapy for this condition includes retaining of normal circadian rhythm by non-pharmacological therapy which includes; Photo therapy, maintenance of sleep hygiene. You need to go for morning exercises and work out which will make you fresh and active all day and tiredness at the end of day will help you to induce sleep naturally.

Mirtazapine will take time to act. In initial treatment period the drug may not show much effect. You need to quit marijuana as they are known to cause insomnia. It will take some time for your sleep to revert back to normal. I suggest you to consult physician. Take car and regards.
Thank you for the reply guys, and Dr. Rajput.  I hope to get over this soon and really don't want to be on any prescription drugs. Period. Just to make me happy or pleased with life. I really do believe that smoking marijuana heavily these last few years has done this to me, as in the past i would be "anxious" if i didn't have pot, or needed more, and have read about others in my position where the same has happened to them. I haven't smoked in almost a month now and hope to join the military soon! Thank you for your comments and professional advice!
The depression, insomnia, anxiousness, restlessness, etc. can be from a magnesium deficiency.  If you decide to try it, check with your doctor and see if you can pick up a really absorbable form, such as: Taurate, Glycinate or Citrate (can be laxitative.)  I've also heard some good things about Magnesium Chloride.