Sleep Disorders Community
Cant move when laying down!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Cant move when laying down!!!!

Il be laying down getting comfortable when all the sudden (our maby not I seem to know when it's coming on) il be unable to move or talk there short and im usually able to snap free from it (happend for the first time in quite a while I thought many if oit grown it) im sixteen and find myself unable to sleep because of it. Please help im scared and tired
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The symptoms you are experiencing could be due to an entity called sleep paralysis. When this happens in sleep the person has difficulty moving his hands or feet. This is the symptom of a sleep disorder called Narcolepsy. This sleep disorder is characterized by excessive day time sleepiness, sleep paralysis, cataplexy where the person has episodes of loss of muscle function while awake, hypnogogic hallucinations and automatic behavior. You will need to consult your primary care physician, who may schedule you for a polysomnogram (sleep test) to rule out sleep disorders and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.