Can't sleep at night

Every night I constantly walk up at least 10 times. There has been 2 nights in a row where I have had a decent night sleep only waking once. Every other night I'm awake at least once every 45 minutes. There was one night a month or so ago I had a migraine and my father gave me Mesyndol to help me sleep as well as get rid of the migraine and I was still awake at least 10 times a night. I have been to my family GP and all he suggested was prescribe me Sleleping Tablets. I don't want to have to take them.

Could someone please help me?
Do you take anything else any meds, supplements ..?
The only other medication I take, is the contraceptive pill.
Have you tried herbal things? Lavender is good for helping with sleep. You can get pillow mists of it, or have some in a burner in your room before you go to bed, or fresh by your bed. If you're against medications could be worth a try? Something i find helps when i go through phases of not sleeping well, is i have a really warm bath right before bed and this helps relax all the muscles and i ten to sleep deeper and longer.
Hi.

Yes I have tried anything and everything that has been suggested to me besides the stilnox and further sleeping tablets.

Thank you.
Hmmm....do you worry about not being able to sleep before going to bed? Sometimes sub consciously if you are anxious that you will wake up and not get a good sleep this can almost cause you not to sleep well.
If you go down the route of sleeping tablets, although i know you're not keen on the idea, how about consulting to a doctor about melatonin. It is the hormone that is part of the natural sleep/wake cycle. I know there are tablets of it available that people take, perhaps going down that line may make you feel less like you are relying on medication...? Just a thought...
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You seem to have chronic insomnia. The first step would be to rule the causes for insomnia like sleep disorders. Next it is treated with both medical and non medical therapy. Medical (sedatives) are given in the temporary initial phase, this is combined with non medical measures like sleep hygiene, relaxation therapy, stimulus control, and sleep restriction which are referred to as cognitive behavioral therapies. As the non medical measures help to restore your sleep rhythm, the sedatives are withdrawn.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.