Sleep Disorders Community
Cant sleep unless really tired.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Cant sleep unless really tired.

right so, im 13 male, and I really cant sleep unless im soooo tired. some nights im not tired and I don't sleep at all. im quite active in school and I do a bit of sport out of school. I don't know why it is but sometimes I don't even feel tired. I don't eat too much of have to much to eat. I have heard it can be something to do with high blood pressure. my dad has high blood pressure so could that relate?  Please help!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Please stop worrying about sleep, you are too young for that. Its unlikely you are having high blood pressure and this does not cause sleeplessness. Try to divert yourself, do not think of sleeplessness.

You should stop becoming anxious and try to relax. Try to have a warm bath before sleeping. Have a glass of milk or read a book before trying to sleep. Don’t watch TV or do exercise before sleeping. Condition yourself that you can relax and that you can sleep well.

Try yoga and meditation they have calming effects. Go for long stress free walks. Also, do exercise in the daytime this promotes good sleep.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.