Child Night Twitching
Hello, My daughter is 5 yrs old and I have noticed that she has been twitching in her sleep for at least a year now.  I don't remember her twitching before this time period.  She seems to be sound asleep when the twitching occurs.  The twitching is noticeable on her feet and hands.  When this does occur, it seems to go away for a few seconds and then twitch again.  It seems like once it starts it lasts through the night.  It is a subtle twitch that is only noticeable if her hands and feet are right next to my body.  She usually goes to bed at around 9-10pm, wakes up in the middle of the night, and then goes back to sleep until 7 or 8 am.  She sometimes sleep long hours during the day, 3-5 hrs, but I havn't observed her to see if she twitches.  She is active and seems pretty normal during the day.
She also complains of nightmares on occasion and gets pretty sweaty at night.  Is this something that I need to be concerned about?  Will this go away as she gets older?
I hope you get an answer to this -- my almost-5 year old boy started doing the same thing exactly. Feet and hands, and usually just as he is going to sleep, but most particularly in the light sleep before he wakes up. Occasionally his arm or leg will twitch, but generally just hands and feet.
My 21 month old daughter just reciently started getting tremors while she sleeps. It starts before she is asleep just as she gets sleepy and you can feel her body relaxing. She starts to randomly twitch all over(legs, arms, sholder, ect.). Most are mild though constant but every once and a while there is a big one that will scare her and wakes her up. I don't know if they last all night, but I held her for a 2 hour nap and she did it the entire time. I am really worried there is something serious going on does anyone have any information or advise. I have a appointment on Monday for her with her ped. should certain testing be demanded? She seems perfect other than this. Does your child still have this problem? Did you ever find out what caused it?