Constant Dreams/Nightmares
Can anyone please help me? I have always experienced vivid dreams since a child but the past few years have just been almost unbearable. I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow, and my dreams feel like their are occuring throughout my sleep, I have nightmares too which are disturbing and scary, when I wake up I feel like the nightmare is still happening. I dont feel rested when I wake up at all and the content of my dreams sometimes gets my down. Im otherwise healthy, I dont smoke, drink, I exercise when I can but Im finding myself more and more tired each day. I am just wondering if anyone else experiences this?
it can be normal, but bring it up to your doctor. if it bothers you that much then call your doctor for an appointment.
I too am having this problem and just found out about lucid dreams. This is where we can control our dreams and adventure into a world of exploration instead of fear. My mom has always thought something was wrong with me because I am the only one out of us kids that has this. I do see it as a blessing we just need to learn to control it.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

During sleep, the body cycles between non-REM and REM sleep. Typically, people begin the sleep cycle with a period of non-REM sleep followed by a very short period of REM sleep. Dreams generally occur in the REM stage of sleep.

A lot of studies are going on to study the importance of REM sleep, which is the dream phase of sleep. Psychologists generally agree that achieving the dream state of sleep is a critical element for maintaining good mental health. Conversely, depriving ones self from dreaming can cause a number of adverse health problems, including fatigue, reduced immune system efficiency, heart disease and mental health issues including delusions and severe cognitive reasoning deficits.

Disorders related to dreaming could occur with REM sleep behavior disorders. Here the person acts out the dreams. This is diagnosed with a sleep study. Please consult your primary care physician if problem persists.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.