Sleep Disorders Community
Could UARS be the issue?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Could UARS be the issue?

For the past four months I have been battling fatigue, low body temperature, headaches, high blood pressure, and body pains; previous to Oct 22, 2012, my BP has historically been 110-120/80 and I never had headaches. I was diagnosed with UARS in 2005 but was given a CPAP with a nasal-aire vs a full face mask and any time I was stuffy I would discard the use of my CPAP. I haven't used it for several years now. The doctors are baffled, my sleep study did not reveal OSA (but when I mentioned UARS they looked like they were unaware of what that was). Any thoughts or feedback on whether UARS would account for my conditions? Thanks!
All the Best - Bert (aoh3)

This discussion is related to Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea but doesn't fit the bill.
The lack of response by others may be for the same reason I have passed you post up a couple of time:  I don't know what UARS stands for, same for OSA.  This may well mean I/we don't have knowledge/experience that would be helpful.

Just a thought, you may want to spell them out.
Thanks Jerry, a great recommendation! UARS is the abbreviation for Upper Airway Restricted Syndrome and OSA for Obstructive Sleep Apnea - hope this helps with anyone's thoughts, experiences, or recommendations! Thanks for any help!
God Bless - Bert
Thanks, for spelling out the letters.   Upper Airway Restricted Syndrome sounds like what I may suffer from myself.  Unfortunately I "hang" around this Community as a fellow sufferer, not a doctor or even patient with answers.  Is the treatment of UARS limited to breathing aids, CPAP and similar?  From what you posted I conclude you got relief since 2005 and have found you could get along with out using CPAP (isn't that just a compressor that puts a positive pressure into your mouth and nose?).  

I suffer from a sinus congestion every night all year round but limited mostly to when I lie down to sleep   Does that sound like a symptom of UARS?  I have very little congestion when I am up and on my feet or even seated.

Not trying to hijack your thread, but my condition may offer some additional insight.

I have not yet consulted an ENT doctor, but I may.

Our discussion  at least keeps your post on the top of the list.
Sorry, I forgot which Community I was on, I though from your post I was on the Respiratory Disorder Community.  You may want to try that Community too.

I come to the Sleep Disorder Community because I suffer from trouble mares every night. This may be related to my congestion,  but I don't know that.

As for high blood pressure, have you tried a beta blocker?  I haunt Medhelp in the heart area too as I suffer from heart problems - yep I'm an old guy.