Sleep Disorders Community
Dizziness while sleeping
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dizziness while sleeping

The past two nights I have awoken to a feeling of the room spinning.  As I moved positions as I slept I would feel the dizzy feeling.  What might be causing this?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
368886_tn?1278962315
Hello.

Your symptoms suggest that your inner ear may have a problem. There are certain hair cells in the inner ear, which are sensitive to movement. A dysfunction of these would result in vertigo.

Please consider consulting an ENT surgeon. Meanwhile, avoid sudden movements of the head, while sleeping or otherwise.

Regards
Blank
I have had severe insomnia (in four forms) for over thirty-five years, and a few times my sleep has returned for just short periods at a time (longest was eight weeks in 1979). When I first began to sleep during those periods, I awoke with vertigo and a migraine (I don't normally have headaches). I've never read about this in any literature on sleep. I am suggesting that you observe whether you're sleep pattern has changed prior to the experience of dizziness.
Blank
I feel dizzy even i rest on bed, cold sweat, room spinning, dry lips, cannot even stand up for the last 3 days. I am an athlete and run 6 miles everyday, young adult, not taking and meds. I am not sure is it hypo-tension or what? I have a history of low iron. Slept for 2 days and now get back to normal. However, i dont want to feel that anymore.
Blank
-Sounds like an inner-ear infection, which shouldn't cause long term problems - but you should see a doctor.
Blank
What happens if you don't go running for a couple of weeks?  Does it stop?  Have you had any blood work done lately?  There are quite a few things that you should be tested for that may be causing this, but it sounds like it may be your iron levels, since you already have a history of deficiency, and the symptoms match.  I would start with a full blood work-up.  You may also want to add some red meat to your diet.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sleep Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...