Do I have an overly active mind?
I do not know what I have I just know that whenever I sleep at night I have dreams that are to realistic to allow myself to sleep. I do not wake up rested I wake up mentally exhausted. I yawn through out the day and I'm always wanting to take naps. I dream about everything from exam's to werewolves to my family. Every dream is so realistic though... What is wrong? How do I fix this?
Hi, welcome to the forum, the things which happen when you are awake can reflect your sleep. Firstly, are you going through the stress, commitments or goals which you are not able to meet. Even some degree of anxiety can also make your mind wondering and will delay sleep. From your history, it suggests that there is abnormality in depth of the sleep.

To rule out type of sleep disorder you need to undergo Polysomnyography and sleep analysis. You need to take out time for further evaluation. Short term benzodiazepine against prescription will help you. You need a suggestion therapy and few medications to alleviate the anxiety. Go for morning exercise and hear relaxation music. I suggest you to consult sleep specialist. Take care and regards.