Dream or mini stroke?
I had a vivid dream, I remember every bit of it..In it I was around these ants, a young boy told me that they will cause hallucinations..In the dream I was able to function with a little difficulty..When I woke up from this dream I still felt like I was in this state of confusion..Carefully I was able to carry on morning functions, walking downstairs to fed the animals, make coffee, read the paper, complete a crossword puzzle..It took 3 hours to normalize..I have no idea what to make of this, was it a weird dream, preminition or a mini stroke?
Hi, it’s unlikely its stroke. It could be a bad dream. And everybody has these occasional stressful dreams. But if they occur repeatedly or are interfering with your sleep schedules, you can consult a sleep specialist. It could be a nightmare disorder. This can be assessed by a sleep questionnaire and therapy is based on the severity of symptoms. Best Regards.
It can be due to hallucination. Hallucinations occur in the state between waking and sleeping. You may be having hypnopompic hallucinations. Hypnopompia occurs upon waking, and may also be accompanied by sleep paralysis. It may be a direct result of alcohol or drug use, or could be due to insomnia, anxiety, stress or other factors. Try relaxation techniques before bedtime to help the mind shut down. You can also indulge in meditation and yoga.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.