Sleep Disorders Community
Dreaming and waking every 1 1/2 to 2 hours and adrenaline

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

I'm not sure what's going on I'm thinking I may have sleep apnea. Some nights I will be dreaming and wake with adrenaline rushes and heart pounding (not racing) I'll go right back to sleep, start dreaming and wake again the same way always 1 1/2 hours later and once it starts it lasts the rest of the night until I have to get up. The dreams aren't always bad and sometimes if they are bad I think they turn bad due to what's going on with my body not the other way around. Does that make sense?
gofigerr,
To me it sounds like it has some of the traits of sleep apnea. I did not find out I had it until I went for a sleep study. I would try and locate a doctor who specializes in sleep disorders and see about having a sleep study done.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Repeated awakening in sleep could be due a sleep disorder. These disorders can be like obstructive sleep apnea, wherein during sleep there is an obstruction to air flow due to laxity of the throat muscles during sleep and this could cause restlessness. Hence for therapy CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) is used to keep it patent. Another cause could be an entity called restless leg syndrome, where there is an odd sensation in the legs during sleep causing the individual to move, which relieves the sensation. These disorders can cause inadequate sleep leading to fatigue and daytime sleepiness. So, I would advise you to consult your primary care physician for further evaluation. He may then ask for a sleep study called polysomnography for further evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.