Sleep Disorders Community
Dreams/Nightmares that feel real and I can't wake myself up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Viewing 201-251 comments:
Its crazy cause i also have those bad nightmares where i cant talk scream or move and it is scary,im afraid imma die in one of those cause my heart beat is beating so fast,,what can i do to stop this if its possible
i have these same dreams 3 of these nightmares were im sleeping and my friend come from my hallway but he all shaking all crazy and his face just shifting from demon to his face and i kant move or talk im just pressed down nd he slowly walkin towards me till he right in front of my face looking at me with his yellow eyes that wen i mutter f u demon im not scared nd i woke up but after that i alone in my house i talk out to him to do something nd a while later my music turns offf i was terrified nd i talk to my mom and she used to have the same dreams till she  put holy water and now i feel like whatever wanted her now wants me
Has anyone been able to figure out the cause?
I'm a 16 year old girl, and I'm not quite sure when these kinds of dreams started for me, but it's been at least a year.
I can't figure out what's correlated with these episodes, minus the fact that I'm in a very sleepy state when I have them. Which is annoying, because even when I try my hardest to stay up, quickly drift to asleep, and immediantly have the dreams.
Everything you described is like my dreams; I'm in my bed, I can't move or make real noise despite the fact that I hear myself muttering screams in my dream, I see frightening things, I feel the pressure of the characters In my dreams, and I cannot wake myself up.
It's become too frequent for me to handle, and it's causing me to lose so much sleep. I just need a solution; if anyone knows of a way to stop these dreams let me know, I'd appreciate it!!!.
(I'm currently having those dreams tonight)
This sounds crazy but I had the same exact dreams. The only difference is I knew who the people were that were coming towards my bed. They were actually family members (in the dream of course) last night I had a dream that my grandpa (I think it was him) came at me and he was really mad for some reason. I felt like he wanted to attack me and when he got close, my rapid breathing woke me up and I couldn't scream or move. I knew I was dreaming the whole time and was still aware of what was going on in real life so to say. And just a pointer, my grandpa wouldn't hurt a fly, he has the biggest heart ever so I don't understand why I would have a dream so real and scary as that. I've had many of these "sleep paralysis" type dreams when I was younger too from ages 3-8 years old. When I was able to move again I woke up my boyfriend in tears because I was so scared, turned on the lights, and then turned on the tv. I can't even explain how freaked out I was. It even started storming after everything happened which made things even worse for me haha
I have just woken up out of one of them nightmares were I was choking and couldn't breathe properly and was screaming and shouting and pleading for my daughter in the next room to come and help me (obviously no sound was heard ) but 2 hours before it I was on Facebook playing games and I decided to look in the fridge for something to eat so I took a bunch of black seedless grapes back to bed and before I knew it they were all eaten but I felt alright half an hour later I put the light out and went to sleep and when that happened to me I was terrified in my dream ( think we should call them nightmares or else why are we so frightened) I was screaming and gasping for breath for someone to wake me up which did not happen so obviously I came out of it my self I was shaking and crying and really scared then I felt rather sick so jumped up to toilet were I was violently sick ( grapes and looked a hellava lot more than I had eaten) now the point is I have had dreams like this before but I am sitting here thinking back had I eaten at that time of course I cannot remember so I am now wondering was I choking to death with the grapes????? we all know people who have choked to death well I do but I actually saved myself by screaming my myself wakened before I choked to death???????? I know its a bit far fetched but its all I can come up with as I cant remember if I had eaten at bedtime with all the other horrible dreams I have had but one thing I do remember  I have never been sick after any of them ......just a thought and sorry for going into do much detail but it is something I am reflecting on??? anyone else had this??? one thing I do know id that I will never ever eat anything before I go to sleep geeee nightmares are bad enough without eating so eating before I go to bed will NEVER happen again.
I do the same thing this is called lucid dreaming. Many people just lucid dream while others (like me) also have the ability to have out of body experiences during this time very close to a spirtual travel during meditation. If you feel as if your soul could come out and be separated from your physical body you can probably do this to. If you do find you can break out and travel you do have freedom to go many places, but make sure to wear a watch or know where a clock is where your going it's easy to lose track of time.
Ok. This is going to be wierd and I'm not crazy. Today my bf txted me saying good morning then I sent a txt saying morning. I waited till I got my friends and then I txt baby? And he txt you better give me time to txt back. I threw it of as he was craby. He sent me a message that maid me feel like a terible person saying thing that where just terible. I got to the school and waited for him. I was crying and my friend was there with me waiting for my bf and she was trying to make me feel better. Then I got a sick wierd feel like someone terible evil was comeing and I wanted to run just run for my life. I felt my bf comeing up to me every step closer and closer I felt it. When I looked in his eyes I new it wasint him looking at me.... Ok I'm not saying he is idk taken over by a gost or demon cuz I'm very skeptical about that stuff but this was just not right ok I felt fear takeover me and when I looked into his eyes sickness came over me and I called my nana to get me because I new I could not drive home and be alone. As I got farther and farther away from the school I fet more protected and when I got to my nanas house as soon as she left to go do bills I threw up white clear stuff with bits of blood in it and no one knows about this but my sis I only told her. Then I went to lay down and I had a dream about what happend but I was in third person watching myself an I saw my bf with a dark black I don't even know figer over him and fear came over me I wanted to tell myself to run run but I couldn't see me. If that makes any sence but I had it over and over today every time I went to sleep without skipping a beat I would have the dream.... I'm scared iv never felt like this.... That was not my bf that looked at me today with that stare of hatred and death.... I could feel him stare at me when I wasint looking I'm really scared ******** right now.... It all happened today wed. April 24,2013 I'm really scared to go to school tomorrow I don't know what to do we haven't talked sence that today....plz help
I have the paralysis and when I had a dream I was in my bed turning on my light with my light saber (toy lightsaber    very creative of me) and it woudln't turn on and I heard the closet door creaking open and I fought to woke up. i'm not sure how I mentally do it but sometimes i'm paralysied and it just makes it worse to fight. the thing i'm afraid of is acualy from a movie that well never ever go away. its scary movie and i don't remember which one. anyways its a thing that has a yellow light and it sounds like a machine. it appears from the wall or dark places.  sometimes the scence just goes dark and I get a sick feeling.  one time the light was red and it like made me obey it. strange enough I was like mentally picked up then dropped infront of one with a red light and tehre was no wall which really freaked me out becuase then now in real life I go out where theres no walls and it well come out and red light is harder to see in side vision. also sometimes its a strange scary feeling like someone scared you but like 5 times worse and sometimes its INTENSE tickling. one time it wasn't one of the thigns with a light and was an actual person i'm not sure who it was but I was trying to hide with the adrenaline rushing and the door open with a slight creaking to it and he tickled me and it felt like all my ticklish spots which is just about everywhere so it was more like non pain torture.
i've been able to do that once I could here my music and the dream and it was rather fascinating than scary but it was still scary.
Hey, landed here because I just had a slightly freaky dream myself, feel really nervous going back to sleep to put on the laptop to ease myself. Just had a dream I was on work doing my usual job, standing behind a  till and serving some chick that always posts **** on facebook, though I never actually see this chick face to face, just like a few times a month in nightclubs and ****. well anyway I'm dreaming I'm serving her at a till where I work, while I'm serving her I'm kidding on I'm on the phone to look cool, then I offer her some weed, like ask her if she wants to buy some, next thing I know I'm back in my room, lying EXACTLY the way I am in reality and there is this black hand, not like actual jet black hand over my head, I can feel the hand and everything, I'm getting shivers just typing this, I can also see an arm leading to a head. My god I'm shivering like ****. This jet black figure is sitting down staring straight at me with its hand on my head. I told myself it was my Mum at first and I would wake up and confront this figure confidently. When I wake up nothing is there, my hand isn't even on my face, but I 100% felt a hand on  me. This is the 3rd time I have met this jet black figure, every 3 or 4 months it shows up. ****** up man now I can't sleep again and tomorrow is a big day for me. I have a ******* driving test!!!! I need my god dam sleep but I'm to freaked out to sleep again, This always happens when I stop smoking weed for a while, I was a heavy user!! Got my dog up on my bed now to comfort me :):/
The first time i had a dream similar to the ones I'm reading was a year or two ago. I was drinking with my cousin at his house. After so long and him not being able to hold his liquor he went upstairs and passed out. I was in in his living room alone. Laying on his couch with the light on and tv off. Feeling rather relaxed i shut my eyes for what seemed like an instant and when i opened them up a figure was standing in the living room which i can only describe as Michael from the Bible. Long hair, Armour, Sword and shield. (Mind you I'm an atheist) i stared at him for a second then shut my eyes and when. I opened them back up i was really awake he was gone and the livingroom lights were off. Now since then i haven't had any dreams like that until recently. I've stopped smoking weed (Which was basically dream suppressant for me) Due to panic attacks. I've had a somewhat guilty conscious, and have been drinking heavily for a cure to my panic attacks and anxiety which i know are all contributing factors. The ones recently have been a pixelated/ Metal gear solid camouflage looking figure coming from the hallway and a figure i never see but can feel its precense and has a vibrating pulsing aura / sound. It gave an intense almost blinding pleasure feeling in my head that I've experienced while drunk and high at parties. But not in a long time. The dream started with me waking from where i was sleeping and started to follow this large centipede. And in my dream i actually couldn't find the centipede anymore so laid back down. Once i woke up tripping out abit. I tried to fall back asleep and in that middle ground between awake and sleep the aura vibrating thing comes back sending pleasure to my head agian. I start to enjoy it for a second smiling then got scared and screamed no waking myself actually up. All i know is I've had dreams being chased by leatherface to even crazier **** and sometimes i wake up afraid but mostly wake up and laugh. But these recent one scare me extremely due to the fact I'm always in the same area i was when i slept and it feels more real than a dream.
Sleep paralysis is real and very scary. I too experience this. It usually happens when falling asleep and when waking up.  This is only a symptom of what I have along with extreme daytime sleepiness. I have narcolepsy with cataplexy. A sleep disorder that can only be determined by having a sleep study done. Cataplexy is loss of muscle tone with strong emotions.

I wish everyone the best of luck in finding a solution to your nightmares & sleep paralysis. I know it's not easy but there are a couple of narcolepsy meds and but only one for cataplexy.

Best wishes
Missy  
Wow, I just had a dream like this, but with my mother having/being "evil" kind of feeling. As soon as I woke from my dream I went to take a poop. As I was taking a poop I sneezed out of no where and banged my elbow. I scared the **** out of myself.
Well i have dream catchers but guess what it didnt work. Well my dream was about two men -hunters- were in my house. They killed my 3 puppies Fig Lola and Stitchy and i tried to get up but i couldnt.I opened my eyes but they only woke in my nightmare. I tried thinking (Nothing is happening.) then i said it a few times. But then two guys appeared. I looked closer.They were demons.I knew this was not happening because i was believing in God.Then i felt like i was dead or poisoned.I ran to get my friends but two iron robot cats blocked the way and so I just layed flat on my stomach.I closed my eyes and put a pillow over my head so i couldnt see anything.Suddenly the lights turned on i looked and i saw a fire.I blinked my eyes and slapped myself to try to wake up but i couldnt so i began saying heaven words like these:Allah God Jesus Heaven but it didnt work! then in the morning i woke up and i looked at my toys from when i was 7 but now im 40.One of them had a red eye and a scratched up eye."what the heck is going on?" i yelled then i heard a blow up.I ran to my tornado shelter with nothing at all.But then i heard a creaking noise.A key was rising."Key.What r u doing?"i said "Ihhhmm Nooot Aahh Keey! Iiimm Aaahh Ghhoosstt"the voice said. Then i closed my eyes and began thinking of a song i made"God Jesus Lord Heaven they are all true! Listen to me baby they are all true!!"just then i fell asleep and when i woke up there was tornado warnings everywhere but Hawaii in 1 hour.So i got in the plane and went to Hawaii.but then i went to sleep in a shelter but i was drowning in a ocean.A shark almost bit me but i just hopped and said"This is just a dream oh this is not true oh"and then i fell and when i sat up everything was normal in my own house.
Is it wierd that,i ONLY have these dream when i fall asleep at work LITERALLY only at work and i like to take naps multiple naps but every time i do no matter where i fall asleep it happens
But when i get home to rest it doesn't
I've had a very similar thing happen to me like you did, well anyway, I was laying in bed having a scan on Facebook, it then came to about 2:00 early hours, I put my phone on charge and layed down to fall asleep, at this point I felt very fidgety, all my lights were off, so I could feel myself starting to fall asleep then opened my eyes (but at this point I was sleeping) 2 of my male friends were in my room (not really, just in the dream) they were asleep on my other bed across the room, in my dream I could hear my mother calling me and then I blinked and there was a dark figure physically trying to drag my arms and my whole body out of bad, at this point I felt paralysed I couldn't feel any part of my body my lips wouldn't move and no sound would come out! I then woke up and my whole body was tingeling! I am now so scared to even try sleep at nights! It has only happened the once, what can I do to help prevent this from happening?
hi just wanted to let u know that everything you describung is real because you  have been someones victim of black magic have u been on holiday lately or met someone new
Just had a dream similar to yours...First I was sitting by this gate with my friend and she got uo and walked to my car.. then I got up and she said "be careful you wont be able to walk" and right after she said that I lost all energy fekt so weak and out of breath. then i got to the car and drove home.. fell asleep and. i was sleeping and I knew I was dreaming. and I guess I fell asleep in my dream. well my "dream dream" was a nightmare. i was holding my pillow when suddenly it felt like I was being squeezed to death, at first I thought an earthwuake was happening but no..unable to move and very hard to fight back. wanting.to scream but couldnt. i "fought" the "thing" for like 30 seconds then i fell to the floor and crawled to my moms room, again with no energy. then i woke up. crazy and now I cannot go back to sleep, everytime I close my eyes I see scary stuff.. I was stressed the whole day tosay and last night I cried myself to sleep, so I think that's why.. but I don't know what to do.
I agree with you!! I have had nightmares that seem like if I never went to sleep because everything looks the same in my bedroom and when I was getting closer to Jesus the devil himself came into my house and tried taking my brothers (I was dreaming,but I don't know if I was really dreaming) I got out of my bed and confronted him and literally started fighting him and reminding him that I was a child of the living God and he had no authority to come into my home and harass my family. I started rebuking him in the name of Jesus and he knew he had to leave my home so when he walked out my front door his back was towards me and he twisted his head around and laughed at me and said "don't worry I will be back for you" I woke up terrified hysterical and started crying out to God. A few months later I drifted away from God and that is why I think the devil said he was coming back for me.  I had a terrible 3 yrs with nothing but horrible things happen in my family and a few months ago I got saved again. As soon as that happened I had another dream which was the same because I didn't know if I was asleep or not. A demon came onto my bedroom and started dragging me off my bed...he was trying to take me and I started to rebuke him in the name of Jesus as well because that is the first thing that comes to my mind when I have these kind of nightmares. He was gone and I went to my pastors house at 8 am terrified, but I realized that the devil is angry because he has lost me and now I am a child of the living God!!! He hasn't harassed me since then so I think he just tries to freak me out!!
I had my first paralysis dream or whatever you call it today and it was terrible I was on oovoo with my boyfriend and I went to sleep he was still up and it was like as soon as I closed my eyes and was gone this shock wave of vibration came from my tablet and it was like an alien was talking to me my head felt weird and it felt like a force was over my body and I couldn't get up I couldn't scream move anything I managed to flick my hand a little and then I clinched my jaw and when I looked at my tablet screen I saw my boyfriend and his eyes turned pitch black and I tryed to scream help but I could only mumble I tryed to say I am a child of god  but it didn't really work so I remebered what my pastor said he said to call on jesus and the demons will flee so I mumbled jesus three times and it stopped and when I looked at my screen my bf heard me moving and said hello and I told him everything and we prayed I was still scared cuz that never happened to me before so I cryed but what you said helped me and it made me feel like I wasn't crazy I'm still kinda scared to go to sleep though but I needed to see that because I believe in god so thankyou for your post
i had a dream about when i was young that i had a girl that went away aged 4 for some reason i wake up and my heart feels wierd
i had this dream [as per normal] but i woke up different because my heart felt funny
Hallo everyone......i was just reading the information and views from ppl, and i felt i should share my experience..... i had a dream, were there was this white figure no face just white figure sitting on top of my cup board....... and suddenly i couldn breath, i shouted for my grandma, sister for help but nothin came outta my mouth.....i tried to move i couldn i felt like i was bound and then this white figur just dived on to me from the top, i can see, but not sure if my eyes were opened.....i was shouting victory in the blood of jesus i was screaming it but nothin came out......but when i woke my energy had been drained out n i was so exausted that i felt asleep.............this type of dream happended many times and one time was a black cat in front of my face.......
to all there are many thing people tell you about what is happening, i want you guys to understand for your body to live you must intake food, for your brain to work you must intake knowledge, and now ask your self what does your soul need??? what is its intake??? the answer is prayer, to which ever religion you are from, you need peace in your heart and mind. sleep is a time when you are weak, the soul is open to attacks, let me guess you are dreaming of being not able to move, or running away from things, or fighting things, being attacked lost in places that you know or dont know, these are sprits/demons etc who try to attack you while you sleep, when you are awake shadows scare you, you think some one is there when there isnt, etc, this is when they are winning, and he=ave entered your blood stream, you should drink lots of water, it will take 3 months for your all the blood in your body to change, also look up wet cupping to take out the old blood, seems scary but it isnt, try not to think about things that are bad or scary, before you sleep, say a little prayer, dont watch silly programes etc place trust in your slef and your belief of which ever religion is of your choice, respect others, repsect tthat this is a warning, and when you get attacked in your sleep again, fight knowing that you are the master of your destiny.
and please sleep on your right side, sleeping on your back makes it easier to get attacked in your sleep. dont sleep on a full stomach or empty one, wash your self before you sleep, cleaning your body so it is pure, and dont forget that little prayer asking for great dreams and a great life, everyday is a new day, start your life, decide what you want wake up and do it!! you will great and your nightmares will die away, and remember you have the power in your dream to fight back so fight, let a sword appear in your hand, or a big axe and smash those demons down with all your strength!!!! your the one in control, fear only god and no one else!!! remember you are in control, and sleep on the right side
Nightmares are caused by palpitations.  Persons who palpitation is easy to occur are easy to have nightmare, females are easier to have nightmare than males, because palpitation is easier occur to females than to males. When palpitations occurs, people will have two main feelings: one is tachycardia cause a feeling of seeming to be pursuing ;the other is bradycardia or premature beat cause the feeling of heart suspension or heart sinking. Therefore, people in sleep accordingly will have the two nightmares of being pursued (occasionally hunting other people) and flying in the air, and falling down.
The dream i had was similar as i cannot move or call for help, i try to call my dog and i think my mouth is moving but no words come out or i am calling but knowone can hear, but i expieience a very loud buzzing sound in my ears that fills my head and a metalic taste in my mouth. This is very scary feels so real.
I instantly thought that i was going to be abducted by aliens, i had my eyes shut i think and didnt want to open them in case i saw aliens standing over me, even though i never felt a presence it felt like something was about to happen and i was being prepared for it. I dont know why i thought Aliens but thats the feeling i got
jeane i had experience like you too, last night. i had this experience like yours like about 3 times already in my life. i think demons are real and the only way is to pray. prayers are powerful and just have faith in God and accept Jesus as your savior. we can chat or send messages on facebook plz add me. mcbeth_rules***@****
I had a very scary dream last night and I wanted to look into it to see if it meant something because I saw something I could never imagine and have never seen before... I was wondering if it's a demon or something because it was a little girl with small extremely chapped lips and had the same Cracks all over her face and was in a white dress, her skin was completely white and had really long black hair I was dreaming I was in class with a bunch of other students and only I could see her and I guess it was summoned or something because the first time I saw it was I when I was investigating a symbol I had seen earlier looked kinda like Persian writing when I saw it  but then I had a friend look at it from across the room she drew it on a board behind her and looked scaredly at me as if she knew what it was she said "spiff" and that's right when I saw her and then I put my head on my desk and tried yelling help me but nothing loud came out. I slowly looked back up and it was gone and for some reason afterwards from time to time everything flashed red and I was looking at a classmate when it happened and her face started morphing into that little girls cracked face and that's when I woke up I don't know what could have made me have that dream and I'm curious if anyone else knows what it was because I'm wide awake now and am currently shaking because I was so scared
I am familiar with figures appearing and reaching out towards me etc...I did not know it was SP but I did know it was something that was common so I just learned to not fight it...But tonight was different I usually jump out of a dream when I'm afraid and I guess its too abrupt because it affects me when I wake up but this was different, I felt the figure from my dream controlling my body when I woke up. I promise it was like I left my dream and it followed me, I could not move of course but my eyes wandered the room uncontrollably like it was not familiar to me. I of course did not fight but I thought maybe this occurs more than I know it because I tend to have struggles in my dream and simply wake myself up and I was okay for a second or two but then SP just hit me but like I said it felt different and I think the figure followed me from my dream...
i have the same problem as soon as i fall asleep. bad dreams i cant wake up or talk. i dont see people, but i feel a presence in the room and it doesnt feel like im asleep but i am.also i feel like my body moves something is lifting up my arms as if i were sleeping on my back but i dont sleep on my back. Just recently while i was napping during the day i felt like my sheets were moving like a breeze was blowing them. yes my window was open but it wasnt breezy... and i kinda woke up to see my sheet like blown up, also i had goose bumps. another thing when i do sleep with my light on when i wake up its off.
Hi everybody.
Iv been reading abit on the net and everyone seems to be quite similar in there dreams, however mine seem to be different. I have 4 different types of sleep paralysis.
1: I will be asleep and someone I know will come into my room and talk to me but I cant move or speak until they leave the room. I was convinced its real for awhile but now im sure im asleep when it happens.
2: I guess im asleep but it feels like im awake and its always in the room im sleeping in so as to trick me into thinking im awake, I cant feel anything on me yet i cant move and the next thing it just feels like im getting punched and my body will move around accordingly. It takes alot of effort to get up and it is very freaky.
3: A noise- a vibration sound that doesnt let me go to sleep, it starts off as i shut my eyes and as i can feel myself falling asleep the noise will get louder, i tried ignoring it once and it knocked me off the bed.
4: This one has only just started happening recently where iv just gone to sleep and cant move but my head will feel like its spasming or something, it still takes alot of effort to get out of it but when it starts im sure im awake as I can feel my partner and can hear her. Iv tried to wake her up whilst it is happening so I can her opinion on what she sees but she doesnt seem to do anything and when I can finally move I asked her if she could feel me and she say's yes.
Sometimes I can go years without anything and the next it can happen several times a week. It has happened to sober or stoned, young till now (33). Iv gone to bed thinking about it and nothing, when I least expect it, it hits me! Im not sure the causes but what I have read on the reasons why dont seem to match up with me. I was always convinced I was awake up until a few years ago when I realised I have to be asleep. But then I have the noise one that doesnt let me get to sleep so what the hell?????
I have been having weird dreams lately where i have been dreaming about other people like I'm watching a a show its been recurring for a few nights now where I would sleep for like a hour and dream then wake up persistent for like 7 hours a night. I never thought nothing of it until tonight when I had this dream that I was awake but could not move and the room the room was shaking I heard my phone fall to the floor while some kind of power was trying to enter through my  right arm it made my arm feel extremely heavy and like it was being shocked thousands of times a minute the room was very dullily lit and there was some kind of black cloud starting to come in through my bathroom as it got closer i started calling for Jesus but nothing would come out my mouth my body was paralysed my arm was being shocked still then I found a little strength to reach up and turn the light switch on but nothing happens then I felt my body being thrown back to the bed and the shocking persisted and the black cloud kept coming it kind of felt as if it was trying to give me something that I didn't want I looked down and my dog was all black with black eyes just laying in my arms looking at me I continued to call for Jesus and eventually the words came out of my mouth and I woke up with my dog laying at the end of my bed, my arms was hurting really bad like I just did a thousand push ups and I look at my phone and I had only been asleep for a hour my dog is a all white poodle by the way. This was a extremely scary experience I have suffered sleep paralization before but never to this extent
I actually just awoke from a very similar experience. The main difference is I never caught on that I was dreaming.  I did feel as if I woke up a couple times but still felt a very strong and bad presence in my house. However, before I get into the dream I'll explain the events leading  to this moment. All week I have been giving myself a variation of four to six... Maybe seven hours of sleep. Then the weekend hits.  I can't quite remember how late or early I stayed up Friday night.  However,  on Saturday I slept on the couch.  I fell asleep fairly early and woke throughout the night.  Probably because I had markilplier running in the background the entire time.  I slept clear til about one pm. Boy friend came home and I fixed him food.  He wanted to nap so we chill on the couch with creepy pasta playing. He eventually fell asleep,  but it wasn't long Before the knocks on our neighbors door woke him.  I was awake the entire time.  After that we moved into the bedroom.  Put some creepy pasta on,  and before I knew it I past out....  After all that sleep...  Next thing I knew I am trying to wake my boyfriend up next to me.  I couldn't tell ya why,  maybe I was scared.  Upon trying to wake him up,  every time I tried to speak I could only get out the beginning of the first letter.  Sometimes I tried speaking with the end of the word first to see if I get anything out at all.  Then I woke up(I didn't really wake) and it all started again. It looped and looped,  everytime I began to become more and more frightened and was breathing harder and could feel a presence becoming stronger and stronger.  Repeatedly I tried to wake my boyfriend,  since I could speak I tried smaking him on the forehead only being able to barely touch his forehead.  Finally it looped again and red lights were flashing outside and children were screaming and laughing.  My boyfriend awoke and he was leaning over me very tired and trying  to ask me what was wrong and what I was saying.  I kept trying to ask him if the children noises were good or bad only able to muster out gig  or add,  something along those lines.  Finally I tried to look out the window, and my boyfriend and I noticed blood.  We couldn't see out the window,  but we knew something was wrong. somehow we ended up on the floor next to the bed.  All thee while I feel this presence of some kind of an intruder. Somehow I am able to get up and say don't turn any lights on,  or we are dead.  Because I this point I think there is some kind of serial killer out in the neighborhood preying those who seemed awake and lights on.  Our house was completely dark, pitch black almost,  with no lights on whatsoever.  I make my wake to the living room and noticed an emergency hospital bed taking up a lot of space with a living body in it.  There is a window a couple feet behind it.  As had trouble with any movement I was still able to make it to the bed to try and figure out who the hell was in that bed and how did it get there.  Just as i was about to see the face the window....  The blinds..  It was like something or someone...  Maybe just the wind (but it having been opened I  the first placed scared me) made the blinds gust inwards,  and it scared me so bad I finally woke up for real.  I woke with the same frightened feeling,  heart pounding breathing very hard, and called out my boyfriends name.  He immediately asked what was wrong. I explain to him that I was trying to wake him up for at least an hour...  The dream felt so long,  but when I explained it to him he said we'd only been asleep for twenty thirty minutes tops. Then I began to look up the rem sleep cycle and dreams.  now I have had dreams I  the past where I felt I couldn't speak or move,  but I was aware it was a dream.  With the one I just experienced,  I wasn't aware at all. Also when I have scary dream I have the ability to '' change the channel'' to a different dream.  Anyways,  I still feel scared.  The funny thing is,  I can't even recall what creepy pasta story we were listening to.  
I'll start with my most recent, i had just gotten home from work played a few games of CoD with my son.I lay on the couch for a quick nap. Now i know im completely aware of everything around me i heard my daughter come in i could still hear my son on the X box. In my vision and i call it that cause i felt fear and a presents i knew was real.i too paralyzed but i saw no shapes just darkness then 2 red eyes appear and start towards me i cannot move or scream in my vision (dream) finally I'm awaken to my son shaking me with a frightened look in his eyes. He proceeded to tell my at first i was whimpering then i started rocking back and forth. Then he says right before i woke which is when the red eyes were so close i felt the thing not on me just near and still darkness. He says i said no please don't imy children need me. Now remember i could hear the xbox playing my daughter on the phone but i did not hear myself say this.can you explain that i don't suffer from sleep apnea oh and never told anyone and one day i walked into a friends house whos wife little did i know was into the strange and unusual any way son as i walked in she looked at me with big eyes and said come with me takes me in the other room and asks me if i been seeing or feeling things lately i tell her and i literally watched the hair on her arms stand up.
I seem to have sleep paralsys also...I've had it for abour ten years. It all started when I moved in with a friend in her third floor attic that used to be a working apartment years ago. I tagged the walls with artwork and was compelled to draw a big eye on the wall. Im scared that I drew the evil eye and its been following me ever since. I thought it was innocent at the time but I don't think so anymore.I would take a nap during the day up there cuz I wud go out at nite and party and I started to become paralyzed and cudnt move or speak but I was clearly awake. My eyes were slightly open and I cud see a dark figure slowly walking across the room far away and I cudnt open my eyes all the way or scream or anything.finally i was able to fall off th bed to get myself out of it and the figure was gone. This happened every time I slept up there so I started sleeping downstairs on thw couch and had no problems there. But about two years later I met someone who decided to tell me about this same thing happening to him.and it came back to me but in another place I was living. We read up on it and learned about out of body experiences.so when I became paralyzed I was able to start to have an out of body experience.except everytime it happened I got scared and wud be able to mutter somerhing and it wud wake him up and he wud shake me out of it. This went on for months and then it stopped and didn't happen again for years.so recently I've been watching a lot of horror movies and none of them have been scaring me its all in fun and not real. But I sleep on the couch and my kids sleep upstairs in my room. I take medicine that is in a weekly pill container and have a juice glass of water just enough to take the pills I need to take at nite andthe water is gone. For three weeks straight in the beginning of the week my saturday medicine has been gone missing when I wake up in the morning.my kids r  22 months and 4 and don't get up at nite ever. There is no water ro drink for me to take any more medicine and I cudnt take all those pills wirhout water. I started setting up my phone camera at nite but it only records for 45 minutes. I had one morw recent instance of sleep paralysys and my mom was talking to me and I cud hear her and she thought I was awake but I was stuck and I started convusing like I was having a seizure and was muttering things trying to get her to get me out of it.she was terrified. I came out of it and I told her what happened and she told me to get these movies out of the house. Last nite I watched the Conjuring....I woke up and there was something crawling on my tv. I closed my eyes and opened them and it was gone.....is there something following me around and the movies are bringing it back or what??!!! I know this must sound crazy but I need to get rid if whatever is going on!!
I have been having these dreams my entire life.  I can remember being in my crib and having one and I had one last night...I am now 35 years old. I have had countless dreams like these.  I found that sleeping on my stomach did prevent them for a while but now they happen no matter which way I am sleeping, even when my husband has his arms around me.  Lately, I had discovered they were worse when I am really tired but like all the other discoveries I thought I had found that helped prevent the dreams or whatever they are changed too.  I am very spiritual and pray a lot...which always stops the dream in its tracks when I fight back with prayer.  However, it seems like the more i pray the worse they get.  I have them almost every night and some nights I cant sleep at all.  The last one had a message for my husband basically taunting him and trying to infuriate him by telling him through this message that I belonged to him..this being in my nightmares...but we know better. My husband had to wake me...he said I was actually moving in this one...which is almost always impossible...he said I was punching and kicking and screaming "get off of me..dont touch me".  Even woke my kids up..they thought someone had gotten in the house.  Sounds crazy but tired of holding all this in.  I have searched and searched for answers and will not talk to a doctor about it because of the fear of being labled insane.  I do not want to be zombified by a bunch of medications that only mask a problem...again I had these as a baby.  Other things also happen but that is another story.  My word of advice is to just keep fighting it.
Yeah, I was 15 and I was sleep but it was dark. I felt someone on my legs, holding me down. Then another person come and held down my arms. And another put their hands on my face. I tried to wake up and scream but couldn't. And I jumped up out of my sleep. Only difference was in the dream I was on my back. I woke up on my stomach, laying my head on my arms. When I was 13, I had another dream, were I was talking to something. And I couldn't talk or scream, I tried to wake up,  but couldn't. so I ran out my room. Then ran into my parents in the living room sleep on the couch. I touched my mom, she just rolled off the couch die. I ran out the house, when I reached my neighbor's yard. I screamed" if you want me come and get me," and closed my eyes and opened them again. I woke up.
There are two main types of scary phenomenons in sleep(nightmare and sleep paralysis) that are caused by two main scary symptoms of cardiovascular disease {palpitation and fainting (syncope)}. Persons who palpitation is easy to occur are easy to have nightmare, drugs can cause nightmare because drugs can cause palpitation. Females are easier to have nightmare than males, because palpitation is easier occur to females than to males. Women have a huge amount of nightmares during pregnancy because women experience more palpitations in pregnancy. Physical factors that contribute to bad dreams include fever as also sleep because fever causes an increase in the heart rate, When palpitations occurs, people will have two most common feelings: one is tachycardia cause a feeling of seeming to be chasing ; the other is bradycardia or premature beat cause the feeling of heart suspension or heart sinking. Therefore, people in sleep accordingly will have the two most common nightmares : one is dream of being chased (occasionally hunting other people) ; the other is dream of flying in the air or dream of falling down. If transient cerebral ischemia or fainting occuring during the day may result in some very terrible dizziness, palpitations, feelings of chest pressure, dim vision, tinnitus and a variety of neurological symptoms. As a result, all the people who are prone to cerebral ischemia or fainting frail corporeity, excessive fear, taking the quinidine which may lead to low blood pressure, as well as a excessive high pillow ors, error in sleeping style which may lead to the aggrieved neck, pressed blood stream. when they sleep in deep night, they will have the extraordinary corresponding horrible dreams, in the dreams, they do some kind of terrible Belial pressuring them or being hunted down, but they can not cry out or escape, which are called nightmare in iatrology. Vague terrors in light sleep, which is known as sleep paralysis. Sometimes people was just woken up with the cerebral ischemia or fainting, be cause the vision continuing for a few minutes and dyskinesia have not yet concluded, which will cause psychological illusion that people struggle to wake up but fail to do it. For instance, a place in country, there is a “haunted” bed which makes people have nightmares every night and it is this fact that the pillow in the bed is too high. Another example, sleeping pills are the treatment of nightmare of being chased of neurasthenia, due to the nightmare of being chased of such patients is caused by tachycardia, and sleeping pills can lead to slower heartbeat, moreover slower heartbeat sometimes leads to sleep paralysis or fainting for people of low blood pressure. Therefore, treating a nightmare with sleeping pills at times is not only invalid, but also it will instead increase the patient’s state of the disease.
well i had that kind of problem too. there was 1 dream i was playing pingpong with my small brother and my brother hit ball so hard it went straight to my grandmother's room . well for your  information my grandmother has passed away its been 5 years . then i went up to get ball back suddenly my grandmother's room was so dark that i couldn't see my ball then ball suddenlly came rolling infront of me and when i tryed to take my ball someone catched my hand so hard it was going broke when looked up there was my grandmother then i got schock and i woke up from dream and again i can't move my body and can't shout for help
can then talk to you  
im sleep then are talk to me n touch me what its
As M1ssy said, it is called sleep paralysis, and is a sleeping disorder. It usually happens when falling asleep and waking up. You can't move (feel paralysed) and nothing seems to come out when you try to scream. People experiencing sleep paralysis are often aware that it is a dream, even though it may feel a lot more real than normal dreaming as you might be able to feel the dream characters touching you or wind blowing on you as if you are awake.

Here is the link to the wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

and some good medical sources on the issue and treatment:
http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-paralysis
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sleep-paralysis/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Sleep paralysis is sometimes more likely to occur when sleeping on your back, so changing your sleeping position might help.

Good luck to you all.
most dreams were you can not believe this it is manily smaller demons from hell taking control of you thinking that they can fully take control but you soul is strong in being pureity that it can fight them off were it alows you wake my sorce is my garden angel
I had this exact same dream can anyone explain this
i m the same but i can wake me up by saying this even in your mind:
<>
it s such a spell and works for me means in the name of kind god but works really
Viewing 201-251 comments: