Sleep Disorders Community
Faces

This patient support community is for discussions relating to apnea, children’s sleep issues, jet lag, insomnia, narcolepsy and snoring.

Faces

My grandmother sees a face when she wakes up or at night. She even hears music we don't hear. she insists that the face is hoovering around the room and speaks to her. she is a very religious lady, although with her arthritis she is limited from really going out much. she does sleep on the chair at table during breakfast, lunch and dinner. she won't admit that she was asleep though. she started these symptoms at the age of 80 she is now 93. she will not go to the doctors, she insists that it is some demon or witchcraft doing. has anyone else been or heard of this?
If she's a very religious lady and she truly believes she's seeing demons then she should know that she has the power within her to tell these faces to leave in the name of Jesus.
Yes, I've heard of these things. It's hard to tell if it's spiritual or she's dreaming. Either way, it can't hurt for her to take back authority and tell these faces to leave her alone and then to concentrate on good things that help her feel peace and comfort, like certain scriptures that bring her comfort. Ask her to try that. It's possible she may need to see a doctor or sleep specialist if it continues.