Hallucinating When I wake up?
Hi my name is Robert.  It is very common for me to wake up in the middle of the night, but this night was unusual. I had a normal day, went to bed at 11:00, woke up in the middle of the night and saw a Tarantula sized spider crawling in mid air, in the middle of my room, as if it were on a web   but it wasn't. i stared at it for a while with the sheets close to my face, my heart pounding very fast...........as i stared at it   it just disappeared.    Now I'm wondering if i was hallucinating. can someone please give me an answer?
Wow i am glad to know i don;t suffer alone... On awakening suddenly, i have  witnessed  a Big spider crawling on my ceiling and then disappearing this has happened twice in the past 6months.What does this mean?..
Me and you seem to have the same issue...on awakening...seeing disappearing spider on the ceiling (very big spider)  it disappeared liked it was mulitcolours of light
For the past year I have been waking from a sound sleep to see patterns on the ceiling almost grid like,in the shape of a flower at times. I will watch them for a while and they fade. It seems that I am perfectly wide awake. now the patterns have a face in the center with a mouth that is constantly chewing. I know it sounds weird as hell.I have see a spider i think maybe once. What I see is mostly these really beautiful patterns. The chewing mouth is a bit scary.
You are not alone, I too have seen a video camera fly across my room in the middle of the night. I also though there was a device recording in the the corner of my room. This always happens in the middle of the night.I awake suddenly and I see things.I am clearly awake and blink my eyes several times and the image is still there. I have seen figures at the end of my bed, including people, animals objects and a cameras.
I see spiders that move on the ceiling..then I saw why looked like numbers and equations
I looked this topic up because I've seen the very large spider coming from a thin web lowering down from my ceiling right in my face I roll to get out of the way and its gone. It's been happening since I was 15 so 11 years now only 4 different times until recently. This past week I've woken 2 times to vividly seeing a black large spider on my wall right by me. I see it so clearly I can describe in detail it's legs. My husband has to tell me there's nothing there. This has to mean something. Can we all be one big coincidence?
I had that problem when I was a little girl I would wake up in the middle of the night and see scorpions, ants, roaches, and beetles in my bed this went on for about 3yrs. The last time it happened I woke up and seen a big spider in a Web but the Web wasn't connected to anything; not sure if it was real or not(but pretty sure it wasn't) I slid underneath it and went to sleep at the other end of the bed, the next morning I woke up and of course nothing was there. Nothing has happened since.
My husband experiences the spider hallucinations very regularly.  Sometimes he sees other things, like orbs, lights, even a seahorse once.  He is definitely asleep when this happens, as he has a glazed wide-eyed look on his face, and often speaks gibberish.  I usually can calm him down, but a lot of times he leaps out of bed, turns on the light and flails about wildly trying to convince me of what he sees.  It's very interesting to have read all these different experiences, and know it's a pretty common occurrence after all!  I don't know how to treat this disorder, my husband has been having night terrors for the whole time I've known him (and was apparently a sleep walker as a child).  It can be quite disruptive to my sleep given he some times wakes a couple of times a night.  Even the slightest movement on my part can set him off.  Interestingly, he never seems to have night terrors when we are staying overnight at a hotel when on holiday - it only happens at home!
happened to me too. i dont see spiders but different varieties of objects. sometimes weird flying objects from south to north, then some spots on the walls. never saw people or anything humanoid (thank god) but yea the most creepy are the ones that 'mask' an object in the room. like a stereo speaker becomes something with eyes etc. never heard any sounds or sleep walking. there's something not related but equally as creepy. whenever im sitting on my bed or laying down, there are times when i feel the bed sinking as if someone is sitting on it. weird.
I've been experiencing this alot lately, almost every night. Spiders are very common for me. Sometimes it's just one spider and other times it can be hundreds at once. Snakes are also common. Most of the time i just see abstract objects and colours that don't make much sense.
Once in a while i see people standing around in my room, they are either looking at me or just standing there like they can't see me.
I do not believe in ghosts but i guess this could be where ghost stories come from because it looks very real sometimes.

For me it's really easy to get rid of these hallucinations. They usually disappear after blinking a couple of times or focusing on another object in the room. I'd say they last about 5 to 10 seconds on average.

I'm wondering if i have a sleeping disorder because i have these hallucinations so often.
This is so strange. I looked this up because I've been having waking hallucinations, almost always spider(s) but one time it was a baby's face moving across the paint on my wall. The spider ones usually make me spring out of my bed yelling, like one time it was multiple spiders and many webs all over me and my bed and wall. This is getting ****** up
Me too. On waking I see the same thing, a big black hairy tarantula hanging over my head that gradually goes up it's web and fades away.  The one I had this morning was a cat holding a mouse in it's teeth but I'm sure that's because my poor cat got struck and killed by a car a month ago and it broke my heart. He loved to hunt mice.

But I wonder why almost everybody sees a spider? I'm not even afraid of spiders, I find them fascinating.
I have seen many...things but for me I'm always already awake and just woke up from a dream (always different but just as strange) it's just that I can't move for a good 20-30 seconds and I see like pixelated shadows or sometimes a face appear on a wall in my room and get closer until I turn on a light or force myself to close my eyes. I doubt I've imagined these things every other two weeks or so for about 3 months. Does anyone have any ideas for a prospective disorder?
I found this post after typing "waking up hallucinating," on google because of an experience that happened to me last night. The funny part is that it involved a spider which I did not expect. I woke up screaming "What the ****?!" and actually woke my parents up because I am on vacation so i am sharing a room with them. Im 16 btw and my name is Gabe. I was pointing at a spider that was just either on my face or near my face as it crawled away  quickly. It was absolutely huge. It crawled away and disappeared somewhere. My parents said "I think youre just dreaming." I figured that might be the case after a minute but it shocked me because it looked so real and i DID see it. Weird stuff like this has been happening to me lately and i almost feel like its supernatural. This stuff never happened before I started practicing spirituality and sort of wakened my third eye. It might be just a disorder or something scientific but i dont know. Another thing that happened to me once was that Ive waken up seeing people and movements and sometimes they are even people I know. I also sleep walk occasionally and sleep talk very often possible every night because whenever I sleep in the same room as somebody else they tell me I sleep talked. I dont know whats going on but Ive been having mad night terrors. One time I was dreaming and all of a sudden I was paralyzed in my dream. Then I woke up and was in sleep paralysis and couldn't move and felt like something was pressing on my chest and it was painful and hard to breath. Can somebody please tell me anything you know about this? Im really curious...Hopefully I don't have a serious condition or something like that.
I also woke up once having a sensation that a mouse or rat was in my sleeping bag attacking me, biting, scratching and mawling my hand and arm. i jumped out of bed in a panic, turned the light on and...nothing there.
me too. 3 months ago I also saw a huge spider as big as football crawling between my wall and ceiling (I was shocked and asked myself what the hell is this?) then after 5 seconds it started to disappear slowly and vanished in thin air totally. i told it to them and none of them believed me.

I'm just amazed to find out that I'm not alone in this. there's a lot of us experiencing this and most of the time right after our sleep. and what also amazes me is why spider? why not centipede why not cockroach why not scorpion?

why spiders?
This makes me feel alot better! I am actually going in for a sleep study in a few weeks to get this checked out. Just from looking on google i think i might have sleep apnea, which is causing a lack of oxygen to the brain, making me hallucinate when i sleep and also i get really bad fatigue during the day.

I originally used to see spiders all the time when i was younger, then about 5 years ago it started more frequently, with me waking up one morning around 3, seeing a dark figure of a girl sitting on the side of my boyfriends side of the bed, looking down at him. I originally panicked and thought someone had broken into our house to rob us, then realised it wasn't real when it started to sort of evaporate. Since then i have seen spiders, giant butterflys, an old man with a beard next to the bed, jellyfish floating on the bed, the curtain rail stretching into the wall, raining in the bedroom, weird creatures that don't even exist looking like a hybrid of an ant and a crab (around the size of a cat) etc etc etc. First time i thought it was a ghost or something, now i realised that i just have a sleeping disorder. Fingers crossed i can get treatment if it turns out to be sleep apnea and then i can feel alot more "AWAKE" and less sleepy during the day.

I actually have a theory that most of the time people are seeing "Ghosts" they are actually just hallucinating from Sleep Apnea or things of the sought.
Thank god!!! Finally I see I am not alone. Mine has been getting worse recently and is really scary.  Only had spiders once, but have had an alligator in bed with me, things coming through the curtains at me, a lady walking towards me and it is so scary.  Only happens when in bed alone and usually when I have a lot on my mind and feeling a bit stressed.  This is the only group I have found which describes exactly what I experience. Thought I was going mad!!!
The exact same thing happens to me lol. My husband thinks I'm crazy and it's not always spiders one time I woke up and told my husband to take a mirror off of the wall because i thought it was about to fall and didn't want it to break. I don't have them all the time, but probably at least once a month.
This has started w/ me also in the past 24-36 hours.

It's like a spider or some beetle/bug like image and it scurries away from me quickly.

I mean like super fast. And When I see them, they crawl beneath a book or beneath something, just scurrying along and I know that there is something behind this enough for me to take notice because it has only happened again for the 3rd time or more today and yesterday, but just now, I saw it on my computer and I was speechless, as if something is trying to get my attention.

Let me ask you something (all of you) Are any of you going through a particularly unusual time in your life where things appear chaotic (you are able to sleep fine) but when you begin to concentrate on a project or when it is quiet, is it that you see these images (they ARE spiders, beetles and bug like creatures that are NOT there).

They are NOT floaters (which would indicate that I were tired).

Ask yourself what is it that any of you maybe be dealing with in your day to day life which has you on the most important deadline of your life or that something mid-way tragic has occurred that you may have very little control over (for example: you have heard some disturbing news and yet the news is out of your reach and the news is serious enough but not to where you have any true control over it?)

Ask yourself (this only happens when I am AWAKE and not coming from a dream state) Ask yourself what is truly bothering you deep down inside.

I mean, I am on my cycle and lately I have felt angry (at an injustice) that I cannot express or it will affect too many other people that I love and care about and yet SOMETHING must be done OR are any of you in the middle of multiple occurances of overwhelming news that you have heard where (again) you feel powerless to stop it or that there is some LIFE deadline approaching that you may not be ready to approach and that you may feel that you may not truly be ready or equipt to delve into it.

I do sense that there is something much MORE to it because this is the second website that I have come across where all of the characteristics of description are remarkably similar and they all have to do with some form of something crawling, or that it is a spider or a beetle.

For some is a very real and something much more to it than our "imagination" because on the surface I am not thinking or even looking for these spiders or beetles or whatever these scurrying things are and the fascinating thing is that I am wide awake.

This has never ever happened to me before and I sense that this is something to take seriously to the point where if any of you have a relationship with Lord Christ, then, for those who have such an intimate relationship, I suggest to please ask Him what they mean and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth of their origin.

For others who do NOT believe in Our Lord Christ, speak to some one who does believe b/c I sincerely believe that it is more than just not getting enough sleep or that it can easily be written off.

There is someting more to this.

I have had a number of back to back incidents  occur in my own life recently and these incidents are life changing and they force me to review an aspect of my childhod or a calling to be still and to wait.

Whatever it is, call on the Benevolent Spirit of a Divine Power Greater than us (for me, I am contacting Our Lord Christ Jesus because I do not want to mess around with this and there are somethings that are coming to pass around us as a society and this is NOT a coincidence, there is no way that so many people across the world (including Canada and the United States as well as our international neighbors who are sharing something of a warning about ourselves or over some message that we may be too busy to overlook.

I think that these shadow creatures may increase in size and take over if we do not just call out in prayer for insight and clarlty because we do not know what this is and only my Maker can only know what is going on inside me to where this needs to be explained.

Folks, do not write this off, try praying for specific understanding and wait, and watch to  listen for the answer.

Whatever it is, it is a warning of some sort, because I have read that others are flat out seeing full fledged shapes (unexplainable to them--like blobs--not orbs).

Another person described seeing disfigured life forms and I can only imagine that this BEGAN as a spider or a beetle or something fast and small to now where the issue has not been taken seriously.

This is more along something spiritual which needs to be discern and need to ask before these elusive images become too big to handle.

Just ask yourself many questions. Am I a control freak? Is there some one in my family who is calling out to me?

Is there something that needs my attention? Am I feeling guilty or falsely accused about something?

AM I in a situtation in which I feel obligated to be in and am torn but hate it desperately to the point where if I do not get out that someone will get hurt?

This is serious, so take it seriously just as we would anything else that should not be in our lives?

Is there something in our lives that should not be there? Am I not seeing the full picture about a situation? AM I in denial?

Is this denial causing me to force myself to make life and death choices?

Ask for help and not by any Wiccan or Ouija Board or anything like that because this will only instigate or worsen the issue and it may cost you something very precious.

There is something that we should not take lightly.

Look at the clues for one another's comments and investigate and whether you believe in our Lord Christ or NOT, I would ask for His help any way because it certainly cannot harm you to do so.

I know it isn't coming from something positive, but it is leading to something that we should never have to deal with any more if we take it seriously/ What is the underlying life change?

There are too many people writing lengthy replies concerning the very same thing.

And since I have been writing about this, I have not seen anything. So, there is something spiritual about this because when I wrote this, I felt a calm or a closing in on an answer.

Let's all come back and contribute what ever it is that you have come to find out. I will bookmark this page and hope that SOMEONE here will have something to reveal to us.

Prayer and Petition helps, it is the things that we do not see that are the things which eventually rule or govern our lives.

Peace.
These hallucinations are real and when I began to pray to Our Lord, they DID go away.

It has something to do where your environment, person, or something within self is around unloving or things that are ungodly in your sphere of life and they are so close to the surface that it no longer manifests in a dream state, however, it is like your spirit being warned that something that is happening within or externally does not belong in your life or in your heart or mind.

Sometimes, the spirit in others eminate something dark and at first sight, we can miss it, but when it is quiet and where we are open to listening and hearing, it is then when these images begin the manifest because though you cannot touch it or actually and physically "see it", these are spirit eminating from people and actual dark spirits which may come from self and others.

They are pestilances and annoyances of ugliness which is coming from people or belief systems that should be conquered through prayer and through calling out to Christ Jesus. For me, this has actually healed my mind and my heart.

Sometimes we do not want to believe that they come from those who we love, but many times (once we seek the truth and face it) they come from the thoughts and spirits of those who we love or something that is wrong or ugly happening around us or within ourselves or from others and we need to pray and ask that our hearts and our mind be guarded and that we call out in prayer to ask for protection and also ask to be revealed to what the source is.

Most times, it is from something that we are around or that is preoccupying our minds that subconsciously should not be there.

Go back to the time when you began seeing these pestilances and ugly images and you may find out the origin of the problem, it is in combination of spiritual exhaustion (ther are such things as spiritual vanpires) people or groups or even family members who are: 1) physically sick. 2). From an evil spirit 3). from a person , group or family member who live or think or believe in unnatural or entertain unloving thoughts 4) person, family member, or group who wants to suck out your joy and energy (something of a very selfish and hateful place within them or affecting you.

Investigate this and pray and ask for the truth to be revealed and be open to be allowed the truth. Do not deny where they are coming from (because it may be that the person, group or atmosphere is not what we think they are on the surface.

On the surface they may appear as one way, but deep down inside they may be deeply disturbed and if that is the case, pray for that person and pray that to Our Father and Our Lord Christ to guard your heart and your mind and ask for the wisdom to listen and to avoid being stiff-necked about this situation.

When I involved Christ Jesus, He revealed to me what it was and I was led to scripture regarding my situation.

Each will be different for each case. But please seek the truth in prayer and for those who believe, seek the truth and protection in Christ Jesus because He really does know everything.
I have had hallucinations for about 22 years now, I have seen bugs on walls, but more commonly, people, monsters, ghosts, etc. It has been a concern of mine for a while I just blame it on lack of sleep, stress, or that I feel I am haunted. I don't believe I am legitimately haunted but i often wake to being pinned down, loud noise "waking me" to see a figure in the corner waiting for me to acknowledge it before it attacks. Nearing 30 years old I am struggling with this more often and it is getting worse. I wish I had a definate answer to this, I cannot explain it but it is the most terrifying thing to experience.
Wow I'm seeing black spiders too...  That is really weird...
Hello. My name is James and I see these spiders too. I have had other visitors as well: small children, violent demons, and distant people across the room. They almost always come to me within 15 minutes of falling asleep, and are most certainly coming to me because they want SOMETHING. I know they are there when my dream turns extra vivid and I sense a presence forcing me to wake up. I have been having these experiences for 16 years now, and during that time I have taken steps to correct the problem without medication. First, I will let you know that I am a scientist by trade, and have used my skills to aide in medical, astronomical, and military discoveries. Skeptical in the extreme, I would be the first to use meds if I thought they would help. My best answer to the question "what are they" is this: they are most certainly spirits. The way I know is through inference. While one may postulate that a "ghost" or "spirit" would tangibly interact with the physical plane to prove it's existence, it is a arrogant assumption of the living that any spirit would be good at this post mortem. By definition, being "alive" asserts the notion that WE THE LIVING ANIMATE THE PHYSICAL PLANE. The dead can not do this directly very well, if at all. What they do appear to influence are "coincidences" and "lucid dreaming states". To all those who follow what I am saying now, please consider the following actions to confront the spirits who are CLEARLY trespassing on your domain:

1) burn incense in the vicinity you last saw the spirit; sage is a good choice, but a puff of tobacco would work in a pinch too

2) if you pray to a diety, use that dity's authority to expel or help the presence should you determine it to be unfriendly or friendly

3) IF IT IS A MENACE: get up (if you can), and punch it in the face. if it is a menace to you, show no fear and be a menace right back

4) go to the nearest cemetery (during the day is just fine) and explain what is going on to the headstones. pick a few and write down their names. when you need help, kindly ask for their assistance and they will help you. if you do indeed do this, i strongly suggest you do something to entice them as well. i play music and tell jokes for them at the graveyard. they seem to like it

please, do not be afraid of these spirits. show no fear and you will solve the problem. :)
Hi Swaff27,

Please read my most recent post to understand what is going on. There was something in the post that I forgot to mention though...

When you follow the steps I have outlined, you will notice a change in your life. Coincidences will begin to align in your favor, especially if you choose to entertain the spirits in the graveyard. Read your favorite book, bring an instrument (one of my favorites is the harmonica), leave a little food...something to entice their favor. Try to keep notes on what names help and which don't. You may also ask them to look over people you care about. Should you EVER EVER EVER notice that you have brought a bad spirit home, use my 4 steps to get rid of it. When the spirits come to you in your dream, demand that they show themselves to you. When you awake to find them...show no fear and try to understand why they have come to you. It is emotional, and we almost always experience fear first in the encounters. Conquer your fear of these visitors, and try to understand why they are there. We are perceptive to something special, but I don't really know what it is yet.
I'm so scared, it's 11:30 here and I woke up suddenly to my blanket on top of my stiff and hard, so hard it was like a dis formed thin rock laying over me. I don't know why but I have never been so scared in my life. I don't know of its because of all the medication I have been taking from the kidney infection or what.... Nothing like this has ever happened to me before.
Most of the time it is medication...if this happens consult with a doctor!

I used to hallucinate a lot as a kid and then it kinda stopped...i always saw bugs on the walls of my house or spiders and i used to know what was going on but couldnt speak or move for about a minute - it became increasingly worse as i got into my adult years im now 24 and i see people standing at my window or bats ..spiders moving close to my face (which seems to be the most famous one) ...but now i have been expierencing what feels like an explosion that goes on in my brain and i wake but cannot move...i feel completely paralyzed and cannot move...does this happen to anyone?

it happened to me again 2 nights ago and im starting to worrying
I experience the same thing nightly. Most times I know it isn't real (after so many years) but every now and then when I think it is possible, I turn on the light just to double check. Don't know how to get these visions of spiders (mostly) to stop. Glad to hear it's not just me. I don't do drugs or drink and I don't think I have a mental issue. It at least my doctor hasn't told me I have a mental illness.
My situation is nearly identical to yours! I'm 12 (don't be agist or anything) and I nearly drifted off when a sudden clang from a spring in my bed made me jolt, and to the left of my bed there is a bookshelf with a hollow opening, and beside my television was a brown, beetle-like spider. I wanted to scream, but for some reason I couldn't, and the next 3 seconds is faded away slowly. This is my first night terror, ever.
This just happened to me last week for the first time..I am 25 y/o. I had it happen twice now. The first time I woke up and saw a huge spider crawling on the wall..I was unsure it it was real or not because this has never happened to me before. It was like a dark shadow spider though, It was very dark and I didn't see colors or details or anything. Last night I awoke to a creepy face across the room. This is a pretty creepy thing to wake up even if it disappears. I thought I was crazy. Nice to see so many people who understand and have went through the same thing.
OMG!! I seen this same thing last year in my room!!!
I have had the same thing. I see spiders a lot. One time I saw a spider and there actually was a cane spider in my room. That was pretty crazy. I am a light sleeper and wake up often in the night. I have had figures in my room that disappear very quickly. But last night I saw some kind of demon like figure with black and red stripes crawling on my wall. I saw it thought it would go away right as my eyes adjusted but it was still there. I screamed bloody murder and started crying my whole body shook and I was afraid to try and sleep again for hours. I am glad that other people have the same experiences and it is not just me. Seeing a demon like figure has only happened one other time in my life when I was 7 years old. Some funnier ones I have had is people in my room setting up their own restaurant table and making me serve them food (I have been a waitress for years). I start serving them and then have to yell at them "Go away I am sleeping!" I think the scary thing about these dreams hallucinations is that they always take place in my room as I am half asleep or waking. 99 % of the time I can recognize that, but last night I couldn't. I think me not understanding that it was a dream and being scared for my life, scared me more than anything.
I often hallucinate in the middle of the night. I have heard of people being unaware, but I always remember mine (I discuss it with my partner who confirms what happened).

One comment on here that caught my eye was that it is related to some kind of voodoo, which is surprising considering this is supposed to be a medical site!

The fact that people mostly see spiders is no coincidence. We have all seen spiders in our bedrooms at some stage, so our hallucinations are merely trying to be realistic. If you hallucinated a purple zebra with 8 heads, would you be panicking as much?

Furthermore, I don't think it can be put down to arachnophobia. I have petted a tarantula, and I still see spiders. We all know that some spiders are venomous, and so I think the human mind is naturally cautious where spiders are concerned.

Last night I swore a snake was in my bed, which is admittedly less of a possibility than a spider. I call this subconscious creativity!

More recently I have experienced jolts as I'm falling to sleep which unsettles me momentarily.

I read that humans sometimes feel like they're falling as they're beginning sleep, and science's best guess is that it is an inherited trait from when humans slept in trees. Think of it as the mind's way of keeping the body on its toes!

My other experiences which may be linked are that I once had a panic attack, and that I often struggle to get out of bed in a morning. I'm at an ideal weight but I'm not very fit, so I think my heart rate is probably irregular. And since physical problems can influcence dreams, I'm convinced it is related to a lack of fitness on my part.
Wow! I had extremely severe sleep problems like everyone else here is describing for years. It got to the point that I dreaded going to sleep every night. Its fascinating to me that the spider thing is a common theme as once I woke up and saw a dinner plate sized spider crawl out of and back into the bathroom attached to the bedroom I was sleeping in. It looked so completely "solid" and real that I was only convinced it didn't exist after I turned on all the lights and  and searched for it and found nothing or anywhere it could have escaped to. Other than that I've seen many regular sized spiders that disappeared after a few moments of close inspection, levitating scrolls, non existent books(both levitating and sitting on my bedside table) floating eyeballs, words printed on the walls, faces and innumerable other stuff. It may be nothing but coincidence, but it feels worth noting that I used to be a vegetarian and when I started regularly eating meat again these sleep issues went away. Its entirely possible that one had nothing to do with the other, or even if it did, it may just be some personal biochemical quirk, but as I said earlier it feels worth considering.
I used to see spiders and bugs all the time, when I went into a panic is when they disappeared too. But lately I've been hallucinating that I'm texting someone and in my mind I have a full conversation with them for hours but then I come to my senses and realize that I wasn't texting anyone. This had me seriously freaked and even worse, now I've been actually TALKING like I think I'm talking on the phone. I did it for TWO HOURS last night. It's getting worse and more frequent. I have no idea what to do.
these things happen to me all the time! at first it started in my parents house, i would wake up to always a guy standing there. he was either in my doorway, at my window, or next to me sometimes with a  gun to my head. it always felt so real my heart would pound. it would vary from a guy to seeing spiders. either spiders on my ceiling or one crawling on me. i would jolt up and freak out.i thought maybe my house was haunted or something crazy. but  now that i bought a house with my boyfriend it rarely happens but when it does, its just always a spider crawling on him, i would jump up and freak out telling him to move theres a spider on him. I'm not sure why this keeps happening
I am seeing spiders too and when the spider disappears after I scream , I wonder if it was happening while asleep or awake. I thought I was crazy. I feel better that others have the same experience but why all about spiders... weird connection.
These are called "hypnopompic" hallucinations. This does not have to be spiders, sometimes it may be people at the end of the bed, colors, or illuminated walls. It may be linked to some form of narcolepsy but you cannot be sure until you do a sleep study. The best thing to do is ask your doctor is there is a sleep study that you could take to rule any possible issues out.
Yes I have seen this same ball shaped object with spike like objects protruding from it. That is a great description as I have had had trouble doing so and have been describing it as a bomb with flames at the top. In my experience it does the same thing sort of moves rapidly up and thru the ceiling. I have also seen rotating, oscillating Medetrons cubes several times, and more recently spiders.
omg I know this post is old but I saw this too..mine had clear round looking crystals bubbled around it.. but it floating across the room..it was very small..I cant think of anything like it..I was awake for sure.I also see the red spiders very thin and large and sometime I see 100's of flies on the walls and ceiling and within 8 seconds there are gone..I feel like someone is watching me this all just started a year ago..
I see it too! but mine is clear with bubble like crystals.. I just started seeing this.. also I am awake, this does look like a little space ship but its just really small, I really dont know what to think
I remember waking up, in the middle of the night, and looking at my hands.  I could see red and yellow heat waves coming off them.  Sometimes green or white.  About twenty years ago I saw my first figure of an old lady standing next to the bed and yelling at me.  I jumped up and threw my pillow at it but only succeeded in taking out the lamp and water glass.   Then I started waking up to what I would call writings and symbols floating in the air above me.  They looked like they were written on pains of glass, one behind the other.  I started to enjoy staring at them to see what my mind or the universe was trying to share with me.  I've seen the spiders and the black mist moving around the room as well.  Doesn't happen often but it usually comes up if I'm stressed or not getting enough air when I'm sleeping.  I would imagine its a combination of physical and metal response the body is working through.  I don't fear the scary stuff anymore the fascination of the experience is kind of cool.  I just with took the time to keep a journal of it all... I think we are tapping into the great power of the mind.   Sleep well!!
thank you thank you, you just put a name to my exact experience i had 8 years ago.  it was the beginning of my awakening process.  u rock
I have experienced many of the same things as you, Abygrrl, since I was 12. I saw the Grim Reaper at 12  in my doorway while in bed(and I had a bright night light on, so it couldn't have been floaters). I went thru it for years until I had enough. A few years ago(and I am 40 now), I started taking Ambien at night. My hallucinations almost completely stopped until recently. I woke up this morning at 4:12 AM to see lovely skeleton octopus-looking creatures floating in my room along with floating shadow figures which looked like angels. I can never see their faces, though. This hallucination lasted the longest ever. I sat there for over 5 minutes fully awake experiencing these hallucinations. I rubbed my eyes several times, sat up and even looked at the dim light cast on the wall in my bathroom. I'd rather have the room fully dark, because seeing these things in the light is really scary! So I just laid on my bed and enjoyed the show.....ugh. Well, at least I didn't see spiders this morning like I usually do. I fear spiders more than anything.  What I saw was just surreal. Anyone have any advice? Should I get an MRI? This is getting ridiculous and I can't imagine dealing with this for the rest of my life. I've never done drugs or alcohol and I don't have any mental health issues, seizures(I don't think) or narcolepsy.
  I just had similar hallucination. I woke up suddenly from deep sleep and in corner of wall I seen a realistic looking tarantula crawling on the wall I got really scared It was so real looking that I thought there was really a spider then I closed my eyes and turned around and I didnt see it anymore. Last time I had hallucination like that was when I was 13 yrs old and awoke suddenly to see different color lights flowing around the room I thought they were ghosts. I searched on web and it seems like alot of people have similar experiences. I do not have any sleep disorders but once in awhile very rare this happens. It is called Hypnopompic hallucinations.
It used to be just spiders I would see.  As soon as I saw them I would scream, and immediately they would dissipate into thin air.  As I saw them more and more, I became less scared and would just stare at them until they disappeared (the longest probably 7 seconds - that's a long time!).  I might have asked a spider at one time what he/she wanted, but I don't think I got a response. One time I saw the shadow of a man on my closet door (was closet was located on my left as I lay on my bed), slowly pacing back and forth (I looked to my right and confirmed there was no one there to produce the shadow).  I've seen what appeared to be a humungous shadow of a dog sitting still on my closet door.  I stared at it for a good 20 minutes.  I touched it and tried to talk to it, but no response.  I looked away a few times only to look at it again to see if it would go away.  It didn't.  I stepped out of my room and when I returned it was gone.  I saw a hooded individual running towards and disappear through my wall.  Lately I saw a mass of black shadow that appeared to have a tail end float along my ceiling out of my room into the living room.  I saw what appeared to be vines or worms dangling about back and forth from my ceiling, all aligned in rows, within perfect equidistance from each other.  I stared for a good 4 seconds and screamed as they coiled themselves upwards, disappearing into the ceiling.  A few times I saw geometric shapes with neon colors allover the entire length of my ceiling.  I've seen strange symbols in neon colors allover the entire length of my ceiling that looked like might belong to some unknown language.  It's sooo strange.  None of them seem threatening.  I only had one threatening experience.  I never talk about it because it scares the living wits out of me even just recalling it.
I am not on any kind of medication or alcohol or anything.  
I can not explain what I seen this morning, this is the second time that I have seen this figure, this morning I was getting up and this dark entity crawled across the ceiling and it looked like a tarantula and it came towards me and just sit in the middle of the ceiling at my ceiling fan, it looked like a dark mass, I suddenly jumped up and it disappeared, tonight I am going to go in my bedroom and pray that God give me a Peaceful Sleep and also take this evil out of my home!!
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.